How to port KDE 1.1.2 themes to KDE 2

Post by Brian Wrigh » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Are there any articles or HOWTOs on porting KDE 1.1.2 themes to KDE 2?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Wright                                   Aturna Communications Inc.

                                                WWW http://www.aturna.net

Post by George Richard Russe » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>Are there any articles or HOWTOs on porting KDE 1.1.2 themes to KDE 2?

Don't.

KDE 2.1 will be backwords compatable for KWM themes.

Otherwise, just find which icons you want to replace and what sounds
to set.

HTH
George Russell

How to port KDE 1.1.2 themes to KDE 2

Post by Brian Wrigh » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, it does help a little bit. :)  I know Mosfet is working on a module
to use KWM themes, and there are some KWM themes that I really like that
I would like to see on KDE 2.0.  :)

I did see Mosfet's tutorial on theme creation, so I could conceivably take
KWM theme with the pics, sounds, and icons, and write a KDE 2 theme file
to incorporate the elements on it.