icon positioning on the Desktop

Post by Jerom » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:52:29

When I drop files onto my Desktop I would like them to default to vertical
stacking. I see other ways to control the Desktop appearance, but not icon
alignment (much).

1. Desktop icon positioning on KDE2

I've started using KDE2 on Best Linux. Everything installed easily and
seems to work fine. One slightly annoying thing is that I can't seem
to get the desktop icons to hold the position or order I want . ...if I
click arrange icons, it puts them back in their original (undesirable)
position.
What am I missing here?...I'm assuming that in this highly customizable
environment that this is something I can customize....

Thanks,

Paul

2. Binaries of gcc and perl wanted: for 2.4

3. Desktop icons in single desktop only?

4. mouse too sensitive

5. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

6. adaptec on a 8 bit transfer mode

7. Netscape icon position

8. NFS and process accounting

9. Saving Icon Positions