Russian fonts with KDE - HOWTO?

Post by Tima Vaisbur » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

How can I display cyrillic fonts in KDE applications?
For now, kedit and kmail would suffice.

I have RedHat 5.1 with kde-1.0 (kdebase-1.0-7rh51.i386.rpm etc.)
KDE works. The cyrillic fonts I've found and installed ("cronyx" family)
are in "koi8-r" encoding. I can also generate proper keyboard input with
xrus program.

With simple application like xterm I can set the font through resource
or command line switch '-fn <font>', but I was unable to configure
a KDE application to use my cylillic fonts.

If anybody knows how to do that or where to read about that, please help.

Thanks a lot,
  Tima.