Unresponsive mouse

Post by Ivan » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:01:31

Hi,

I have noticed this since I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 2.0beta1 and I am now
using 2.1.1 and my problem persists.  Let me explain:

I have a few windows open (doesn't matter if they belong to the same
application or completely different ones, say a few konsoles and a few
konquerors, etc).  I can click on the windows to switch focus, but after a
dew clicks, the focus gets locked to one of the windows (not always the
same window, or even the same application) and the mouse doesn't work
anymore, but the keyboard does.  What I mean is I can move the mouse
around, only the clicks don't register - I could left and right-click as
much as I want, but nothing happens.  The only way to fix this is to switch
 focus using ALT-TAB.  Then all of a sudden, in a quick succession, all the
mouse clicks are activated and I can see the menues open and close.  Things
will be fine for a while and then again - focus is locked.

What's wrong?

Thanks,
chepati.

Unresponsive mouse

Post by akar 'th 'orribl » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:37:52

> Hi,

> I have noticed this since I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 2.0beta1 and I am now
> using 2.1.1 and my problem persists.  Let me explain:

> I have a few windows open (doesn't matter if they belong to the same
> application or completely different ones, say a few konsoles and a few
> konquerors, etc).  I can click on the windows to switch focus, but after a
> dew clicks, the focus gets locked to one of the windows (not always the
> same window, or even the same application) and the mouse doesn't work
> anymore, but the keyboard does.  What I mean is I can move the mouse
> around, only the clicks don't register - I could left and right-click as
> much as I want, but nothing happens.  The only way to fix this is to
> switch
>  focus using ALT-TAB.  Then all of a sudden, in a quick succession, all
>  the
> mouse clicks are activated and I can see the menues open and close.
> Things will be fine for a while and then again - focus is locked.

> What's wrong?

> Thanks,
> chepati.

Sounds like an IRQ conflict usually happens when com ports share an irq
(such as mouse on com1 and modem on com3) That is assuming you are using a
serial mouse, you dont give any real info about your system.

Andrew
akar

1. Unresponsive Mouse Part II (X/Redhat)

Thank you to those who replied to my previous message.
(Laura, Gunther, and Joseph Nuismer)

I was able to get the mouse to work -a little-.

Now, when I startx, the mouse goes frantic and I am unable to control it.
(When I move the mouse the cursor just goes haywire on the top of the
screen.)

I am not running gpm, and having changed the mouse link to /dev/psaux.

Any further suggestions?  I know we can solve this one!!

Thanks!  -dave

2. Indirect query via XDMCP

3. Unresponsive mouse - (X/Redhat)

4. Compaq Presario 4240ES

5. 2.5 - unresponsive mouse?

6. cp between 2 IDE HDs: bad?

7. unresponsive mouse

8. Q: Prolog compiler for linux?

9. Mozilla 1.3 on Mandrake 9.1 unresponsive to mouse click or keyboard

10. nedit: unresponsive windows

11. Unresponsive NFS server, high load, 100% in kernel

12. Unresponsive netstat -r

13. Detected ethernet card unresponsive