Help.Cannot find libjpeg for KDE thememanager

Help.Cannot find libjpeg for KDE thememanager

Post by DERE » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Dear everybody,
        I have installed the kdethememanager with RPM in REdhat 5.2. But
when I try to run the theme option K Control centre, there is an error
message says "shared library libjpeg.so.6 not find. file or directory
absent" (or something like that.
        But I simpily cannot find the file "libjpeg.so.6" wth kpackage.
And i also cannot find it on the web.
        Please tell me where to find the file. Thanks a lot.

Derek

1. KDE Thememanager Help

Hi!

I'm trying to install the new KDE Thememanager on my Red Hat 6 Linux
system and I'm having a problem.  The tar.gz file I got from
kde.themes.org wants to put everything in a kde directory with a
structure like:

kde --
         |--- bin
         |--- share

            etc..

but Red Hat's packages put KDE in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin  (not at my
machine right now so I can't remember the exact path.  Needless to say,
not in /opt/kde/ or even in a kde directory).  Can I tree that kde
directory as %KDE LOCATION ON MY SYSTEM%, i.e.   /kde/bin would go to
/usr/bin/  /kde/applink/  would go to usr/bin/applink/  .  Has anybody
done this?  Or better yet, does anybody know where there is a Red Hat 6
.rpm of this?

I know I should suck it up and install themes manually, but it is a pain
or prevents KDE from loading (!) even with the perl scripts from
kde.themes.org.  Not mention I would rather be using my system for
learning how to do useful things as opposed to banging my head to make
it look cool.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.... to any who can help:

"May you be in heaven a half-hour before the devil knows your dead" -
Irish blessing

Joe Wilkicki

2. Diamond Multimedia "Shotgun Technology"???

3. KDE cannot find libqti18n.so.3, Please Help

4. accept() "Bad address" error ?

5. libjpeg 6b does not make any libjpeg.so.6

6. Intel EtherExpress performance, window?

7. find without the "find: cannot read dir /usr/lost+found: Permission denied"

8. RedHat 6.2.1: lost console in multiuser mode

9. KDE cannot find libs

10. KDE cannot find localhost

11. KDE cannot find most of my fonts.

12. libjpeg error on kde 1.1

13. KDE 1.1.1 -- libjpeg.so.62 -- Not Working