kde1.1 vs kde1.1.2

Post by Ulrich Eckhard » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

A Big Hello !
Im running Debian2.1(slink), somewhere on the way to 2.2(potato). I have
kde1.1.2 and qt1.45-0.4 installed - although i had to use
--ignore-depends=qt1g to convince kde to install, because the .deb-packages
of qt provide libqt1g and kde requires qt1g( IMHO those are the same).
The problem:
Several apps complain on startup via console that __vt_6QFrame, __vt_4QTab,
__vt_9QGroupBox and some more have different size in shared object. Well,
as long as they just complain thats ok but I figure that this can lead to
some weird and hard to track problems.
Another observation is that when downgrading to kde1.1 these complaints
cease - instead several other apps(kfm, kpanel) spontaneously seg-fault. :(
Now, what Im really looking for is an explanation for this behaviour and
maybe a remedy. Anyway: I cant imagine how a program runs when its shared
libraries use different sized objects ???

Thanx for enlightening me
       Uli

1. upgrading from kde1.1.2 to kde2.1.2

Hi!
I recently downloaded kdelibs2.1.2 source and everything kompiled fine.
did make and make install..rebooted but the kcontrolCenter still reports
kde1.1.2...
how do I make it recognize kde2.1.2?
Greger

--
Greger Haga
Finland

2. Verizon DSL SetUp with RH 7.0

3. Upgrading KDE1.1-0.1 to KDE1.1-3

4. IPv6 & virtual nic's - newbie question

5. Trying to update Kde1.0 with Kde1.1 (Suse 6.0) HELP ME PLEASE !

6. Kernel error message about Netatalk...

7. Upgrading KDE1.1-0.1 to KDE1.1-3

8. * New HOWTO Article - Making a simple Linux Firewall

9. Difference between Kppp in KDE1.0 and KDE1.1

10. Need help compiling KDE1.1.2

11. KDE2.1 over KDE1.1.2

12. KDE1.1.2 install problem

13. KDE1.1.2 explorer window freezes X since 4.2 upgrade