modem configuration

Post by Colesant » Mon, 10 May 1999 04:00:00

Since i installed Linux Mandrake 5.3 with KDE 1.1, i can't use my modem
(linux don't know in wich com port is installed)
Where can i assign to my modem Com ports?
(with RedHat 5.2 it was in the control pannel)

1. Modem configuration on 16-Port RAN

-------------------------------------
Name: Hctor Javier Ramos Salazar

Date: 1/14/97
Time: 6:45:31 PM
Piedras Negras, Coahuila MEXICO

Hi
I installed a hayes accura 288 modem in a 16-Port concentrator (RAN) and I defined
like a tty with 19200 baud rate, in city B I installed the same modem to a PC running
a terminal emulator software (Iceten) also configured as 19200 baud rate.

When the person from city B try to connect to our RS/6000 most of the time only he/she
receives a Connected 19200 message but the login never is displayed.

How can I configured the tty port or the modem in order that this communication works
fine?

Thanks in advanced
-------------------------------------

2. Dual P120's?

3. Megahertz Modem Configuration ??

4. NVidia glx drivers and libGLcore.so.1.0.6

5. Modem configuration problem

6. UDP Sockets and packet loss

7. Modem configuration on Sun Sparc1

8. ipv4: make arp seq_file show method only produce one record per call

9. Modem configuration

10. Cable modem configuration with RH 5.1

11. modem configuration

12. AIX PS/2 modem configuration

13. Internal modem configuration