MD 8.0 Control Center fails to save changes

MD 8.0 Control Center fails to save changes

Post by Philip Jone » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 06:22:04

I have just upgraded from Mandrake 7.2 to 8.0 and find it to be greatly
improved apart  from 1 or 2 problems. Control Center fails to save changes
i.e if I change the Security Level from Low to High when I log out the
Username Icons are still there. When I log back in and check Control
Center Security is still set to Low. The same happens for any changes I
do in Control Center the changes are not saved, has anyone any ideas or
pointers to look for.

                                                              Phil Jones

Post by Steph » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:45:25

> I have just upgraded from Mandrake 7.2 to 8.0 and find it to be greatly
> improved apart  from 1 or 2 problems. Control Center fails to save changes
> i.e if I change the Security Level from Low to High when I log out the
> Username Icons are still there. When I log back in and check Control
> Center Security is still set to Low. The same happens for any changes I
> do in Control Center the changes are not saved, has anyone any ideas or
> pointers to look for.

I found this to be true for some setting but not others. I had to configure
my mouse from the console and turn sound sever on in KDE by editing the
config file by hand.. Then other setting work just fine.. Little bugs I'm
afraid..
--

Stephe

Post by Alexander File » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 15:36:24

> I have just upgraded from Mandrake 7.2 to 8.0 and find it to be greatly
> improved apart  from 1 or 2 problems. Control Center fails to save changes
> i.e if I change the Security Level from Low to High when I log out the
> Username Icons are still there. When I log back in and check Control
> Center Security is still set to Low. The same happens for any changes I
> do in Control Center the changes are not saved, has anyone any ideas or
> pointers to look for.

>                                                               Phil Jones

I get the same problem. Input on how to get around this would be
appreciated. I am especially concerned about security level not being
saved. I wouldn't call this a "little bug".