KAddressBook

Post by Wharfra » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:22:02

Hi all,
I was wondering where KAddressBook stores it's data file. I want to back it
up. I looked in the kab forlder in my user directory, but there's nothing.
I'm running kde 3.1.2-0.9 on RedHat 9.
Thanks

KAddressBook

Post by Pascal Brüc » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:21:04

> Hi all,
> I was wondering where KAddressBook stores it's data file. I want to back
> it up. I looked in the kab forlder in my user directory, but there's
> nothing. I'm running kde 3.1.2-0.9 on RedHat 9.
> Thanks

~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf

:)paxcal

KAddressBook

Post by Amun » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:13:48

>> Hi all,
>> I was wondering where KAddressBook stores it's data file. I want to back
>> it up.

If you use kandy, you may store a backup on your mobile phone: Just
synchronize it with the phone book on your mobile phone.

KAddressBook

Post by Timothy Murph » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:57:21

> If you use kandy, you may store a backup on your mobile phone: Just
> synchronize it with the phone book on your mobile phone.

How?

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-86-233 6090

KAddressBook

Post by Amun » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:52:54

>> If you use kandy, you may store a backup on your mobile phone: Just
>> synchronize it with the phone book on your mobile phone.

> How?

Just start kandy by typing kandy in a command shell. Then you can clikk on
help to start kandy-handbook.
 I have never used it. You can connect to your mobile phone via a serial
cabel. I am not sure if you might use IR or bluetooth instead.

Amund Sjaavaag

1. kpilot/kaddressbook/korganizer problems

I'm very pleased to have my Sony Clie PEG-S300/E synchronizing with SuSE 8.1
but...

1   kaddressbook duplicates my contact entries and hangs!
I've tried deleting them using the kaddressbook browser and on the PDA but
they reappear as soon as I synch. What can I do to kill the dang things?

2   korganizer is very slow in opening and sometimes reinstates instances of
repeating appointments that I have deleted. (You know, you have a weekly
appointment but want to delete it during holiday periods. The Sony PDA does
this happily but korganizer seems not to like it.)

I'm running KDE 3.0.3 (didn't bother changing to 3.0.4 as 3.1 is due any
time now).

Any help appreciated.

2. fonts and browsers. need help

3. configure kaddressbook

4. Tekram help please.

5. Kaddressbook + Kword

6. TCO Linux on IBM

7. kaddressbook wont keep column widths after upgrade to 3.0.3

8. Security problems ...

9. Troubles with KAddressBook in KDE3.0.1

10. Kaddressbook user defined

11. kaddressbook

12. kAddressBook

13. will kmail use anything other than kaddressbook?