SuSE 7.1 - YOU update run, then Konqueror crashes on man or web pages, Kmail fails

SuSE 7.1 - YOU update run, then Konqueror crashes on man or web pages, Kmail fails

Post by Robert Davie » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:21:03

I ran an online update today, afterwards I've noticed problems with a
number of KDE applications, like Konqueror and Kmail.

The packages updated were :

openssl-1
openssl-devel-1
openssl-doc-1
pam_devperm-1

Anyone else seen a similar problem?

The only error messages I see are in ~/.xsession-errors :
DCOPServer up and running.
QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 6 and type read
QObject::connect: Cannot connect KAction::activated() to Konsole::(null)
WARNING: Could not find schema named
WARNING: Could not find schema named
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = <unknown>
[artsd] suspend
.
.
.
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "#ls"
kdeinit: Pipe closed unexpected.
: Resource temporarily unavailable
kicker: ERROR: Couldn't start kio_uiserver from kio_uiserver.desktop:
KDEInit could not launch 'kio_uiserver'
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = <unknown>
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = <unknown>
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "#ls"
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = <unknown>

The lines from KCrash, not preceded by 'KURL' output are attempts to view
bookmarks.

Needless to say this is rather inconvenient.

Rob

Post by Robert Davie » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:43:42

> I ran an online update today, afterwards I've noticed problems with a
> number of KDE applications, like Konqueror and Kmail.

> The packages updated were :

> openssl-1

The error's in an eroneous update for openssl!

openssl-0.9.6a-38.i386.rpm

This is the culprit, there was an rpm for openssl in sec1 directory without
the shared libraries put up, and I think already withdrawn from the SuSE
ftp sites.

If anyone else has problems because of it, the fix is to re-install the rpm
from your CD-ROM.

openssl.rpm: md5 gpg OK

openssl-0.9.6-21

Rob

1. Suse 6.2: kmail crashes after update

Since I have updated my Suse system to 6.2, kmail crashes with a
segmentation fault.
Starting kmail with gdb it says: 0x... in main_arena() from
/lib/libc.so.6.
It seems that libc does not work properly. Did the same happen to
someone other as well with Suse 6.2 and is there a solution?

Thanks

A. Caliaro

2. 0.96b rebooting problems - console.c ?

3. Kde-2.1.1 and SuSE 7.1 - Konqueror Fonts

4. BNU configs and remote logins

5. Konqueror and java in SuSE 7.1

6. Best Cache to use

7. Konqueror "Home" fails under KDE 2.2.1 and RH 7.1

8. HELP: VHosts with different UIDs

9. Suse 7.1 KDE update to 2.2.2

10. Where's the man page for shm_open in RedHat 7.1?

11. Update Suse 7.1 to Kde 2.2.2 sound system does'nt work

12. Problems with X and updated kernel on SuSE 7.1

13. Updating to KDE2.2.2 on SuSE 7.1