Upgrading KDE 2.2-11 to KDE 3.0.3

Post by Robb » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 02:20:48

Good Day All,

        I am new to linux, and I am currently running Red Hat 7.2 distribution. I
am wanting to upgrade KDE 2.2-11 to 3.0.3. I have downloaded all of the
packages from the KDE site, but I am having problems installing and running.
        After forcing an install, and enter the KDE environment, the screen
flickers as if trying to begin but conitinues to loop. I have tried
installing the environment according to the directions at:
http://www.linuxbeginner.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=38, but
have come to this failure.
        Perhaps someone may help me with this issue. If more information is
required, as I am sure that it is, I will provide.

Robb

Upgrading KDE 2.2-11 to KDE 3.0.3

Post by CRH » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:10:34

On Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:20:48 +0000, Robb Combobulated:

Quote:> Good Day All,

>         I am new to linux, and I am currently running Red Hat 7.2 distribution. I
> am wanting to upgrade KDE 2.2-11 to 3.0.3. I have downloaded all of the
> packages from the KDE site, but I am having problems installing and running.
>         After forcing an install, and enter the KDE environment, the screen
> flickers as if trying to begin but conitinues to loop. I have tried
> installing the environment according to the directions at:
> http://www.linuxbeginner.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=38, but
> have come to this failure.
>         Perhaps someone may help me with this issue. If more information is
> required, as I am sure that it is, I will provide.

Well, if you needed to force the install then something is broken.
Uninstall KDE and reinstall again but this time *do not force*. Find what
dependencies you need and get them!

--
Over and Out,
CRH 8^)>

1. Konquer Starts On KDE 2.2-11 startup

Hi;

I'm working on a friends machine.

He is on Red Hat 7.2, KDE 2.2-11

He has konqueror starting whenever he starts the kde.  He has no
commands in his .bashrc or his .profile.

He doens't know why konqueror does this, but he wants me to get it to
stop doing it.

Any ideas where this option  might be set?

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. MH6.8 Incredibly SLOOOOOOOOW?

3. Installing KonCD Onto Red Hat 7.2 , KDE 2.2 -11

4. libolg.so.3

5. Migrating KDE 2.1.2 -> KDE 2.2

6. handheld question

7. Should I upgread to kde-3.0 from kde-2.2.2 on Suse-7.3 ?

8. HP LJ spews out garbage...

9. KDE System Notifications - Useful Tip (KDE v2.2.2)

10. Sound with non KDE apps within KDE-2.2.2

11. stability: kde 3.0 vs kde 2.2 ?

12. upgraded to kde 2.2, tuxtime no longer autostarts

13. Upgrading Slackware 7.1 to KDE-2.2.2