dcopserver is not running

Post by G van Ave » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:32:54

Hi All,

I am trying to run KDE on Windows using cygwin.
when I start KDE
I get the followoing error

[: ==: unknown operand
kdeinit: launch -> dcopserver --nosid
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 686 result = 0
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
Signal 11
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPServer self-test failed.
Signal 11
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
kdeinit: launch -> dcopserver --nosid
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 380 result = 0
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
Signal 11
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPServer self-test failed.
Signal 11
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
connect() failed: : Connection refused

waiting for X server to shut down

Let me know what I have to do to,solve this?

Regards
Gnanavel

dcopserver is not running

Post by Rolf Magnu » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:31:13

> DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
> DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
> kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
> Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
> connect() failed: : Connection refused

Looks to me as if your X server is not running.

1. DCOPserver not running?

I'm getting this whenever i attempt to start kde3 or any kde program

        There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE.
        The message returned by the system was:

        Could not read network connection list
        /....blah blah blah..../

        Please check that the dcopserver program is running!

Ok, im dumb...how do i fix this?

Thanks

2. Problem with Yamaha opl3-sa3 sound card

4. lengthy mail command line

6. mgetty, pppd, chap?

7. gpcp works if I am running as `root' but not otherwise.

8. IDS questions & snort

9. What am I missing not running 1.3.8x ?

10. on which (not what kind of) terminal am I running?

11. I am not able to run KDE anymore...

12. How can I run a program while I am not logged on?

13. DCOPserver has stopped running for some users