KMix: No mixers available

Post by Nathan Westo » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Running KDE2, installed from RPMS (libs = 2.0-7, multimedia = 2.0-1), on
RedHat 6.2 with OSS for sound. When I run kmix, nothing shows up in the list
of available mixers... the sound volume is stuck really high making it
difficult to adjust with any precision on the speakers. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. KMix (Sound Mixer) Blank

I'm running a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card (Cirrus Logic) with 8.1 and
KDE 3.0.3 (...anyone got a lead on RPMs for 3.0.4 for 8.1?), on which
everything was previously working just fine, and now I can't adjust the
volumes via KMix because it comes up blank -- no error message or anything,
just no sliders.  Any clue what to check or otherwise how to get the
sliders & adjustment capabilities back?  Thanks in advance....

2. Unixwear

3. What is wrong with 2.2.18mdk and Kmix (mixer KDE 1) ?

4. Advanced 4.4BSD Kernel Internals Class

5. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

6. Newbie How to Dial to ISP

7. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

8. Newbie: Gnome

9. NOS shootout

10. Seeds for random nos.

11. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

12. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes