.kdelnk file (KDE 1.*) doesn't work in KDE 2.1

.kdelnk file (KDE 1.*) doesn't work in KDE 2.1

Post by Stephen Cornel » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:22:55

Using KDE 2.1 installed from source on a Red Hat 6.0 machine.

I've migrated my old kde 1.* .kdelnk application files to my
.kde2/share/applnk directory, and most work fine (either from the
K-start menu, or when dragged onto kicker and started from there).
The exception is my file for Word Perfect 8, which never launches the
command.

The file is set to execute `/opt/wp8/wpbin/xwp', which is the path to
the executable.  Issuing this command from a terminal, or from a `run
command' window (alt-f2) works, as does making a short cut on the
desktop (dragging the icon for this file onto the desktop and
selecting `link').

Here are the contents of wp8.kdelnk file:

[Desktop Entry]
BinaryPattern=
Comment[C]=Word processor
Exec=/opt/wp8/wpbin/xwp
Icon=wp
MimeType=
MiniIcon=
Name[C]=Word Perfect
Path=
Protocols=
SwallowExec=
SwallowTitle=
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

Anyone know what's up?

--

University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ

1. Login manager doesn't work in KDE 2.1

I did a clean install of KDE 2.1 on my Red Hat 6.2 system but I can't seem
to get the login manager to work. I keep getting a "Login Failed!" error
message. I'm only able to launch KDE if I boot to a command line prompt,
login from the prompt, and then type startx. Does anyone have any ideas?

                                                Andy

2. Linux runs on Compaq Presario 520

3. KDE 2.1-beta1 doesn't save desktop settings

4. Version 2 of the Linux IPMI driver

5. KDE 1.1 doesn't compile with glibc 2.1

6. subscription to SCO mailing lists

7. RH7 & KDE 2.1 upgrade, No icons in kde menu

8. help: can't take out cdrom

9. KDE 2.1 and KDE subscription

10. KDE and RedHat 6.1 - KDE doesn't run?

11. KDE v2.2.1's Konqueror won't start!

12. can't compile kde 2.1, what's the problem ?

13. qt2.2.1 doesn't seem to work with Nvidia's openGL library