Koffice beta 1.1 libkdeprint.so

Post by Philip Lerne » Mon, 28 May 2001 15:28:05

When I try to install beta2 of koffice1.1 I get a failed dependency for
libkdeprint.so. Where do i get the file.
I am running RH7.1 with kdelibs 2.1.2.

Phil Lerner

Post by Thomas Overgaar » Tue, 29 May 2001 04:41:12

> When I try to install beta2 of koffice1.1 I get a failed dependency
> for libkdeprint.so. Where do i get the file.
> I am running RH7.1 with kdelibs 2.1.2.

like this. In this case it shows up that it needs kdelibs 2.2.Alpha1 to
be installed.

--
Thomas O.

Post by James Richard Tyre » Wed, 30 May 2001 04:24:15

> > When I try to install beta2 of koffice1.1 I get a failed dependency
> > for libkdeprint.so. Where do i get the file.
> > I am running RH7.1 with kdelibs 2.1.2.

> like this. In this case it shows up that it needs kdelibs 2.2.Alpha1 to
> be installed.

Is there any way to run the Koffice beta without installing the whole set
of KDE 2.2 Alpha?

JRT

Post by Chris Howell » Wed, 30 May 2001 04:35:05

> Is there any way to run the Koffice beta without installing the whole set
> of KDE 2.2 Alpha?

Certainly. KDE 2.1.1 + kdelibs 2.1.1 should be fine.

I run KOffice CVS on that configuration.

--
Cheers,

http://www.chowells.uklinux.net

Post by tony » Wed, 30 May 2001 05:34:16

>> Is there any way to run the Koffice beta without installing the whole set
>> of KDE 2.2 Alpha?

> Certainly. KDE 2.1.1 + kdelibs 2.1.1 should be fine.

> I run KOffice CVS on that configuration.

Not with rpms. On my mandrake 8 box I also get the same dependacy message.
Since I already had kdelibs 2.1.1 installed so I tried a rpm force for
koffice beta. Koffice app would not load. I reverted back to the stable
koffice since I did not want to upgrade the kdelibs (a can of worms) and
possible cause problems.

Post by Alain Beyran » Wed, 30 May 2001 11:58:38

> Is there any way to run the Koffice beta without installing the whole
> set of KDE 2.2 Alpha?

Yes ,I did it (on Mandrake 8.0). But Kivio don't run...

--
Alain Beyrand

Post by Markus Kossman » Wed, 30 May 2001 13:39:09

> >> Is there any way to run the Koffice beta without installing the whole set
> >> of KDE 2.2 Alpha?

> > Certainly. KDE 2.1.1 + kdelibs 2.1.1 should be fine.

> > I run KOffice CVS on that configuration.

> Not with rpms.

That depends on the RPM packager. If he builds the Koffice RPMs on
KDE-2.1.1 it will work , but if he uses KDE-2.2pre  you will also need
KDE-2.2pre
--
Markus Kossmann

Post by S. Uma » Wed, 30 May 2001 23:07:34

> When I try to install beta2 of koffice1.1 I get a failed dependency for
> libkdeprint.so. Where do i get the file.
> I am running RH7.1 with kdelibs 2.1.2.

> Phil Lerner

Get the source rpm, install it (goes into /usr/src/redhat), cd to
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS and do rpm -ba koffice.spec

After a number of hours crunching this will produce new set of rpms
that use your system and therfor will not depend on the kdeprint
(there is an if in the spec file).

--

Prof. S. Umar
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy

http://compsci.cas.vanderbilt.edu/~umar/resu.htm

Post by James Richard Tyre » Thu, 31 May 2001 07:25:00

> > > When I try to install beta2 of koffice1.1 I get a failed dependency
> > > for libkdeprint.so. Where do i get the file.
> > > I am running RH7.1 with kdelibs 2.1.2.

> > like this. In this case it shows up that it needs kdelibs 2.2.Alpha1 to
> > be installed.

> Is there any way to run the Koffice beta without installing the whole set
> of KDE 2.2 Alpha?

> JRT

It appears the the answer is build from source.  I'll try that, but I
usually have problems.  It it me?  Building my own custom Kernel always goes
with out a hitch.

JRT

Post by James Richard Tyre » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 06:38:54

> It appears the the answer is build from source.  I'll try that, but I
> usually have problems.  It it me?  Building my own custom Kernel always goes
> with out a hitch.

> JRT

I built from the tarball (BZ) and the configure, build and install went
perfectly, but Kword won't run.

So, I tried starting from the Konsole.  No error message, it just doesn't start
any of the applications.

If I start the workspace first then they all run except for Kword.

JRT

Post by James Richard Tyre » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:43:01

> > It appears the the answer is build from source.  I'll try that, but I
> > usually have problems.  It it me?  Building my own custom Kernel always goes
> > with out a hitch.

> > JRT

> I built from the tarball (BZ) and the configure, build and install went
> perfectly, but Kword won't run.

> So, I tried starting from the Konsole.  No error message, it just doesn't start
> any of the applications.

> If I start the workspace first then they all run except for Kword.

> JRT

So, I tried the Red Hat SRPM and it worked.

It comes with the attached patch which appears to correct a minor ERROR in the
"configure" script.

JRT

[ koffice-1.1-beta2-build.patch < 1K ]
--- koffice-1.1-beta2/lib/configure.in.in.build Tue Apr 17 21:00:48 2001

   AC_MSG_RESULT([found in $ac_kprinter_includes])
 else
   LIB_KDEPRINT=
-  AC_MSG_RESULT([not found -- QPrinter will be used instead)])
+  AC_MSG_RESULT([not found -- QPrinter will be used instead])
 fi
 AC_SUBST(LIB_KDEPRINT)
 AC_DEFINE(HAVE_KDEPRINT_TESTED, 1, [Define if kdeprint was tested])
--- koffice-1.1-beta2/plugins/configure.in.in.build     Thu May 17 12:25:55 2001

 else
   SCANDIR=
   AC_SUBST(SCANDIR)
-  AC_MSG_RESULT([not found -- kscan plugin will not be built)])

Post by Till Baumgaerte » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 21:24:30

> It appears the the answer is build from source.  I'll try that, but I
> usually have problems.  It it me?  Building my own custom Kernel always
> goes with out a hitch.

i compiled koffice 1.1 beta1 and the only thing what did not work is
kpresenter. may be you are successful if you remove "kpresenter" from the
"TOPSUBDIRS"-variable in your toplevel-Makefile.

for me, all programs (except kpresenter, of course) work.

cu
till

1. libkdeprint.so

I downloaded beta 2 version of koffice.  I need libkdeprint.so, and I cannot
locate it anywhere on the web.  Where can I locate the file without
compiling from source?  Thank-you for your time and attention.
--
Regards,
   -trw

2. How to Kill <defunct> process

3. KOffice 1.1 Release Date?

4. parport/ppa problem with 2.2.0pre1

5. KOffice-1.1.1 packages for Solaris-8 x86 available for download

6. tcp bandwidth on athlon

7. Koffice for kde 1.1?

8. sample driver compilation on solaris

9. Koffice 1.1?

10. KDE 2.2 and KOffice 1.1 RC1 for Tru64 released

11. Koffice 1.1 beta3 for RH7.1??

12. KOffice 1.1 Print-to-Fax

13. Koffice 1.1 is out