kde doesn't compile, circular dipendancy.

kde doesn't compile, circular dipendancy.

Post by god_of_p.. » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

The order of compile for kde as provided by the
kde compile script it kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and so on.

kdesupport compiles and installs fine.

kdelibs dies during compile of kio because it needs
kdirnotify_stub.h that is provided bye kdebase.

kdebase will not compile because it needs kdelibs kio first.

Was this tested?
--
Micro$haft Windoze, for when security,
reliability and money are of no concern!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Christian Gebaue » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> The order of compile for kde as provided by the
> kde compile script it kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and so on.

> kdesupport compiles and installs fine.

> kdelibs dies during compile of kio because it needs
> kdirnotify_stub.h that is provided bye kdebase.

Nope, kdirnotify_stub.h is a file generated from
dcopidl2cpp, and kdirnotify.kidl is included in
kdelibs/kio. Something must have gone wrong with the
generation of the file.

Christian
--

kde doesn't compile, circular dipendancy.

Post by god_of_p.. » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Fine but this dcopidl2cpp is part of the kdelibs, how do I compile if
it does not work?

I am using gcc 2.96 20000724, what compiler should I be using or would
that not be the problem?

--
Micro$haft Windoze, for when security,
reliability and money are of no concern!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

kde doesn't compile, circular dipendancy.

Post by Christian Gebaue » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> Fine but this dcopidl2cpp is part of the kdelibs, how do I compile if
> it does not work?

It works because the dcop directory is complied in advance.
kdelibs/Makefile.am :

Quote:>COMPILE_FIRST = dcop libltdl kdecore kdeui kdesu kssl kio ...
> I am using gcc 2.96 20000724, what compiler should I be using or would
> that not be the problem?

Try a stable version of gcc (2.95.2 is fine), its currently not possible
to compile kde with 2.96

Christian
--

kde doesn't compile, circular dipendancy.

Post by ne.. » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>The order of compile for kde as provided by the
>kde compile script it kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase and so on.

>kdesupport compiles and installs fine.

>kdelibs dies during compile of kio because it needs
>kdirnotify_stub.h that is provided bye kdebase.

>kdebase will not compile because it needs kdelibs kio first.

>Was this tested?

Well I am currently compiling the tarbols for Beta5 and kdelibs
compiled and installed just fine. So you might want to look into
the source you have.

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
  7:12pm  up 1 day, 11:55,  5 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.62, 0.69

1. kde doesn't compile, dcopidl2cpp QDomDocument missing

kdelibs kio will not compile because...
../dcop/dcopidl2cpp/dcopidl2cpp --c++-suffix cpp --no-skel
kdirnotify.kidl
../dcop/dcopidl2cpp/dcopidl2cpp: error while loading shared libraries:
../dcop/dcopidl2cpp/dcopidl2cpp: undefined symbol: __12QDomDocument
make[3]: *** [kdirnotify_stub.h] Error 127

Any ideas?
--
Micro$haft Windoze, for when security,
reliability and money are of no concern!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Use cron to ftp files from untrusted machine

3. KDE 1.1 doesn't compile with glibc 2.1

4. cheap modem or Acorp 56K EMR supported?

5. KDE 2.2.1: kdegraphics doesn't compile

6. Is there a ghostScript HOWTO?

7. KDE 1.0pre doesn't compile under RedHat 5.1 and SuSE 5.2 (both i386)

8. MS Linux !!!

9. KDE 2.2.1: kdebindings doesn't compile

10. .kdelnk file (KDE 1.*) doesn't work in KDE 2.1

11. KDE and RedHat 6.1 - KDE doesn't run?

12. My Slackware doesn't work with soundcard, & can't compile Kernel

13. 486 Doesn't see >16MB...no it's not compiled that way!