Q: Desktop startup delay.

Post by Fire Marshall Kr » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

When I used to start up KDE (and when I still do on other accounts,) it takes
about 5 minutes for the desktop icons to show. And to top that; I can't start
any programs except the display settings!! What can I do to stop that? I have
noticed about a 20 second delay after I added KFortune to my startup folder, so
I toook it out. Now it takes 5 minutes for me to use KDE!! I also copied all
the files from another one of my accounts to the one that I use all the time
(the one that I copied from had no problem,) and it's now even worse! Help!
Thanks for any advice in advance. #:-)
--------------------------
(Fire Marshall Kris, Karr0t T0p, Marshall Man)

/|\ Just take out the 'x's, 'y's, 'z's, '0's, and the '%'s to e-mail me! K?
FYI: My keyboard has some bad keys. #:-)

Q: Desktop startup delay.

Post by Fire Marshall Kr » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Ahhh,*that. I just deleted the account. I believe that when I started it
up, though, it started up different sessions or something (tty1, tty2,
tty3...). Is there a shortcut to switch to a different tty, not neccesaraly a
different desktop? If there is, how do you close it?