kview question under HP-UX 10.20

Post by Tomala » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

I installed the KDE 1.1.2 distro for HP-UX 10.20 on my C3000 box at
work. Almost everything seems to work fine. In fact, I'm finding it
increasingly more difficult to switch back to that HP's VUE clone CDE.
Nevertheless, I'm having a bit of a problem with kview in getting it
to actually open any image file. The app launches ok, but it just
won't view anything. No big deal that as XV does the job just fine --
still, anyone know a solution for kview under HP-UX 10.20?
---

kview question under HP-UX 10.20

Post by Thoma » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

KView uses the libraries of the system. On linux you have the
jpeg library and the png library for most images (gif support is in
QT)

You would presumably need something similar on HP

Quote:> Greetings,
> I installed the KDE 1.1.2 distro for HP-UX 10.20 on my C3000 box at
> work. Almost everything seems to work fine. In fact, I'm finding it
> increasingly more difficult to switch back to that HP's VUE clone CDE.
> Nevertheless, I'm having a bit of a problem with kview in getting it
> to actually open any image file. The app launches ok, but it just
> won't view anything. No big deal that as XV does the job just fine --
> still, anyone know a solution for kview under HP-UX 10.20?
> ---

1. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

Hello,

what are the differences between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20?

I ask because one of our customers want to evalute our software
(which was developed on 10.10) on HP-UX 10.20. Is there full
backward compatibility?

Thanks for your helps

        Rainer

Rainer Freis    -       Systemadministrator

santix software GmbH
Max-Planck-Str. 7
D-85716 Unterschleissheim

Phone: (+49) 89 321506-24
Fax  : (+49) 89 321506-99

You don't know what real time-critical software is until
you're responsible for the paychecks of a battalion of
heavily armed Marines.

        (somebody in alt.sysadmin.recovery)

2. Can't bring up net card, please help !

3. QUESTION: Device Driver for VME/DMA parms on HP-UX 10.20 743i

4. How to DNS my home network with Linux

5. Makefile syntax question (HP-UX 10.20/11.x)

6. Startup Scripts

7. QUESTION: Device Driver for VME/DMA parms on HP-UX 10.20 743i

8. Can anyone explain this

9. Korn Shell History File Question under HP-UX 10.20

10. diagmond and syslog questions (HP-UX 10.20)

11. wdb/gdb on HP-UX 10.20 question

12. Xmodem on a HP 9000 712/60 running HP-UX 10.20