kde installation script

Post by Kyle Haig » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>(Apparently they only allow one extension, thus only one dot -Anyone have an
>explanation for this?).

I blame Bill Gates.  Specifically, I blame DOS' 8.3 file naming
convention.  (Or did he steal that from CP/M?)

--
Kyle Haight

"Feeding on the * of the working classes for fun and profit."

kde installation script

Post by William Burlingam » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> >(Apparently they only allow one extension, thus only one dot -Anyone have an
> >explanation for this?).

> I blame Bill Gates.  Specifically, I blame DOS' 8.3 file naming
> convention.  (Or did he steal that from CP/M?)

> --
> Kyle Haight

> "Feeding on the * of the working classes for fun and profit."

DOS was written to take advantage of the then popular CP/M applications on the
market.  They only needed to be re-assembled to run under DOS.

1. Modifying KDE menu in installation script

Sorry if I missed it; I couldn't see this anywhere else.

I know how to modify the KDE menu system to add an application using
kmenuedit.

Is there a set of scripts or a standard technique for modifying the menu
structure programmatically?  I want to be able, when installing our
application, to add it to the kde and gnome menus.

Bill

2. Netscape problem with Java

3. installation of KDE 1.1.2 over KDE 1.1.1

4. burning iso image of 4.2 FreeBSD onto a 650 Meg CD RW

5. kde-cvsbuild script on kde.org

6. LILO stops at LI (fixed)

7. Where is kde.debian.net or kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde ?

8. Info on Linux\Netware

9. why does kde sometimes install to /opt/kde, and sometimes to /usr/local/kde?

10. Kde installation Problem

11. installation order for kde v3.1.1

12. KDE 2.2 Port installation

13. KDE installation problem