KDE 1.1 fonts look better?

Post by Douglas C. Hollan » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Is it my imagination or do the fonts (for example in Netscape 4.5) look
> *much* better in 1.1 than they did in 1.0?

> Dave

KDE 1.1 has this feature in the Style setup to "Apply fonts & colors to
non KDE apps" which fiddles with X resources to change the fonts &
colors of non-KDE apps to match the KDE font & color settings.  Looks
good, but I find that it smashes too many of the font settings I've set
up manually, so I leave it off.

--
Doug Holland

KDE 1.1 fonts look better?

Post by Douglas C. Hollan » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > Is it my imagination or do the fonts (for example in Netscape 4.5) look
> > *much* better in 1.1 than they did in 1.0?

> > Dave

> KDE 1.1 has this feature in the Style setup to "Apply fonts & colors to
> non KDE apps" which fiddles with X resources to change the fonts &
> colors of non-KDE apps to match the KDE font & color settings.  Looks
> good, but I find that it smashes too many of the font settings I've set
> up manually, so I leave it off.

Actually, let me amend my statement.  Having just turned on this
setting, it does look alright in Netscape.  However, it just broke my
mouse wheel (which I got working using a X resource tweaks.  Any ideas
on how to fix this?

--
Doug Holland

KDE 1.1 fonts look better?

Post by Douglas C. Hollan » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > > Is it my imagination or do the fonts (for example in Netscape 4.5) look
> > > *much* better in 1.1 than they did in 1.0?

> > > Dave

> > KDE 1.1 has this feature in the Style setup to "Apply fonts & colors to
> > non KDE apps" which fiddles with X resources to change the fonts &
> > colors of non-KDE apps to match the KDE font & color settings.  Looks
> > good, but I find that it smashes too many of the font settings I've set
> > up manually, so I leave it off.

> Actually, let me amend my statement.  Having just turned on this
> setting, it does look alright in Netscape.  However, it just broke my
> mouse wheel (which I got working using a X resource tweaks.  Any ideas
> on how to fix this?

I just figured out the answer to my question - use imwheel - makes the
mouse wheel work everywhere, no more misbehaviors.

--
Doug Holland