KNode: reply by email with munged identity?

KNode: reply by email with munged identity?

Post by Nick Battl » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:30:47

My ISP will not relay email if the From: address is not resolvable (sensible
anti-spam measure). If I reply-by-email using KNode, then the From address

even if I set an unmunged global identity different to the one for the news
server.

Is there a way to be able to select the From email address with KNode (like
there is with KMail) so that I can successfully reply by email?

--
Cheers,
-nick

Post by Nick Battl » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:06:24

> Settings-Configure Knode
> Accounts-Mail
> [x] Use external e-mail program

> Works for me, currently using KNode version 0.7.2 (KDE 3.1.2), but it's
> always worked, AFAIK.

That does the trick, thanks.

--
Cheers,
-nick

1. e-mail reply in knode

I use knode (0.4) as my newsgroup reader, trouble is I keep
getting an error message when I try to send an e-mail
reply to a news group message. The error is:

Unable to connect. The following error occured: 220
ESMTP spoken here

I have configured knode to the same smtp server I use
in kmail (e-mail program). Anyone have any
suggestions?

ebbing

2. Problem with ASUS A7V

3. Knode-email reply from addressbook?

4. detecting network disconnect

5. cancels in 'big8 ' for 'munged' email addresses?

6. X on IBM Thinkpad 560E?

7. munged file via email (long)

8. Line-Printer Daemon - PLEASE HELP !

9. pls hlp: I can post, but not reply with Knode!

10. KNode and KMail do not reply via Mail

11. Reply problem about Kmail & Knode

12. Multiple e-mail "identities" under a single Linux user account?

13. sending email by user identity howto?