Koffice import/export ability?

Post by Lee Gra » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:02:25

I'm attempting to open and Excel 97 spreadsheet with Kspread, but get the
error message "Could not import file of type application/msexcel" titled
"Missing import filter - KSpread.

I read the info on koffice.org about importing/exporting, but couldn't find
any place to download filters.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Lee

Post by akar 'th 'orribl » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:43:38

> I'm attempting to open and Excel 97 spreadsheet with Kspread, but get
> the error message "Could not import file of type application/msexcel"
> titled "Missing import filter - KSpread.

> I read the info on koffice.org about importing/exporting, but couldn't
> find any place to download filters.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> thanks,
> Lee

The ms filters should be in the rpms (or source if you compiled), they
are part of the standard install but I have come across other people
with this prob with rpm's etc, I would compile.
You may have them but some setup problem is not giving you access.
--
Regards,

Andrew

Koffice import/export ability?

Post by pastorJo » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:41:15

I get the same thing with KWORD not importing MS WORD 97 files.

A Little Help PLEASE!!!!!

John Kiehn
pastorJohn
email in header is bogus, please reply here.

Quote:>I'm attempting to open and Excel 97 spreadsheet with Kspread, but get the

Post by S. Uma » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:45:23

> I'm attempting to open and Excel 97 spreadsheet with Kspread, but get the
> error message "Could not import file of type application/msexcel" titled
> "Missing import filter - KSpread.

> I read the info on koffice.org about importing/exporting, but couldn't
> find any place to download filters.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> thanks,
> Lee

For word it looks like there is a filter for rtf format but not the .doc
format! Do we have to save word documents in rtf format?
--

Prof. S. Umar
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy

http://compsci.cas.vanderbilt.edu/~umar/resu.htm

1. Difference between ability to ping and traceroute and ability to browse, ftp etc.

I guess a better way to pub my earlier question would be "What is the
difference between being able to ping, masq/forwared packets,
traceroute, etc. and being able to browse, download files, etc. I've got
a cable modem, set up to masquerade and I'll be able to do all of the
above for a while, then, I'll only be able to ping, masq, traceroute
from my firewall. What is it my computer is no longer doing?

2. Sandisk PCMCIA cards

3. importing/exporting nis+ tables

4. help: apache httpd access

5. File system exporting to/importing from MSDOS?

6. Bash: command output to variable

7. UserDB(Files) export-import

8. Linux Remote Tape Backup to Solaris

9. export and import mail

10. no concept of importing and exporting symbols on solaris ?

11. Export/import mail/folders between Kmail, Netscape and other

12. Is Exporting Modem from Linux-Server and Import to WIN95-Client possible??

13. how to use export/import files to create an object to be loaded at runtime