Problem with kdm

Post by G.Delafon » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:17:02

Hi
I have upgraded KDE 3.1 to 3.1.2 CVS compiling from source on my Mandrake
9.1, and I have a trouble with kdm.
When I choose KDE, I just get a blue screen, and back to kdm.
If I choose another session, it works fine.
Anybody knows what to do in this case ?
Thanks
--
G.Delafond
http://www.delafond.org

1. problem respawning kdm

I am in the process of getting kdm, the display manager developed for
the K Desktop Environment, working on my Red Hat 4.0 system (kernel
2.0.18) with the MetroX that was included with RH 4.0.  In my
/etc/inittab file I have the following entry for runlevel 5:

x:5:respawn:/opt/kde/bin/kdm -kdedir/opt/kde

Everything boots up fine and I'm presented with the cool-looking login
box in Xwindows.  After logging in and then logging out of kwm, I expect
to see the login box again, but instead I get repeated messages -

INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast, disabling for 5 minutes

when I use xdm instead of kdm things work just fine and upon logging
out, the xdm login box appears without the error message about
respawning too fast.

Any ideas?  Is this just a kdm bug?

-Matt

2. FTPing ports

3. Problem with KDM login

4. Heap memory

5. problems with kdm-login

6. routing and security

7. Problems with KDM and GDM in Mandrake 8.2

8. SUN Unix System Administrators - #41804

9. Problems compiling KDM

10. kppp problem with kdm

11. Problem with kdm

12. Problem with kdm after upgrade to kde3.1.1

13. Problem with KDM