Non-breaking spaces in Konqueror?

Post by Micha » Sat, 09 Dec 2000 11:09:57

Does konqueror support non-breaking spaces ( )?
I cannot make it dispay them properly - they are simply ignored, not even
normal space is displayed.
Both CVS and 2.0 have this problem.

--
Michal Rudolf
* Please change ic to ci in e-mail address.

Non-breaking spaces in Konqueror?

Post by Stephen A. Le » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 07:12:01

I have not had any problems with konqueror displaying   sequences
properly.  I have several web pages that use   to seperate buttons.

Steve

> Does konqueror support non-breaking spaces ( )?
> I cannot make it dispay them properly - they are simply ignored, not even
> normal space is displayed.
> Both CVS and 2.0 have this problem.

> --
> Michal Rudolf
> * Please change ic to ci in e-mail address.

--
"There is no insanity, just different perceptions of reality."

Post by Micha » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:20:01

>> Does konqueror support non-breaking spaces ( )?
>> I cannot make it dispay them properly - they are simply ignored, not even
>> normal space is displayed.
>> Both CVS and 2.0 have this problem.
> I have not had any problems with konqueror displaying   sequences
> properly.  I have several web pages that use   to seperate buttons.

I was not talking about   used as a hack to put something invisible to
separate something, but about simple use of non-breaking space as a
replacement of standard space which prevents line-breaking. This should
force browser to put both words (before and after space) in single line.
This works in Konqueror, but words are _not_ separated by space!
Compare how following page looks in Netspace and/or Lynx and how it looks
in Konqueror.
Here I get "Two words" in both Netscape and Lynx, but "Twowords" in
Konqueror.

<head>
   <title>Test page</title>
</head>