Desktop switching keyboard shortcuts brings up window menu first?

Desktop switching keyboard shortcuts brings up window menu first?

Post by Walter Franci » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 05:23:12

I've had this happen perhaps six times before, and I'm not sure if I'm
doing something odd or if KDE just has a 'sticky' bug in it.

Since the durn mouse desktop border switching is disabled (2.1) I have
started using the keyboard shortcuts to switch desktops, CTRL F1, F2,
etc..  Ocationally KDE will start poping up the Move/Size/Min/Max etc
menu in whatever window is active when I say hit CTRL F1.  I can then
click the mouse button anywhere on the screen, and then the desktop
changes to desktop 1.

Logging out and back in fixes it..  but it's annoying.. :(  Especially
when I have 8-9 windows in first deskop; shells, gkrellm's, server
monitors, etc.  Has anyone else seen this happen?

--
Walter Francis
http://theblackmoor.net                  Powered by Red Hat Linux 7.0

Post by David Lent » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:31:37

> I've had this happen perhaps six times before, and I'm not sure if I'm
> doing something odd or if KDE just has a 'sticky' bug in it.

> Since the durn mouse desktop border switching is disabled (2.1) I have
> started using the keyboard shortcuts to switch desktops, CTRL F1, F2,
> etc..  Ocationally KDE will start poping up the Move/Size/Min/Max etc
> menu in whatever window is active when I say hit CTRL F1.  I can then
> click the mouse button anywhere on the screen, and then the desktop
> changes to desktop 1.

> Logging out and back in fixes it..  but it's annoying.. :(  Especially
> when I have 8-9 windows in first deskop; shells, gkrellm's, server
> monitors, etc.  Has anyone else seen this happen?

Yes, but I just changed the Hot Keys for switching desktops. To do this,
Select 'K', and the Kontrol Panel. Select Look and Feel and Key Bindings,
then look down in the list and you'll see the keys that are bound to
switching desktops.

Thanks,
Dave

Post by Walter Franci » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:52:38

> Since the durn mouse desktop border switching is disabled (2.1) I have
> started using the keyboard shortcuts to switch desktops, CTRL F1, F2,
> etc..  Ocationally KDE will start poping up the Move/Size/Min/Max etc
> menu in whatever window is active when I say hit CTRL F1.  I can then
> click the mouse button anywhere on the screen, and then the desktop
> changes to desktop 1.

Found out a work-around for the problem, and how to make it happen.

I often hit ALT+F4 to close windows, and ALT+F3 brings up the menu..  If
you hit ALT+F3 then ALT+F4 (in my case, bungling and hitting both keys)
this behaviour happens.  If you hit ALT+F3 and select an option, it
fixes the problem.

I suspect that KDE thinks that the menu is open, but the window is
actually closed, and it gets confused.  I should report it as a bug.

--
Walter Francis
http://theblackmoor.net                  Powered by Red Hat Linux 7.0

1. Shortcut to switch between desktops in CDE

Hello.

I'd like to know if there is any shortcut to switch between desktops
(workspaces, or whatever CDE calls them) under CDE. I have found an
entry in groups.google that suggests modifying the dtwmrc file, yet
mine already has the suggested modification, and I can't get it to
work.
Where can I find documentation on the contents of the dtwmrc file ? I
am new to CDE, and I'd like to customize come things (such as ALT-TAB
because I am under Windows using X-Win Pro and ALT-TAB cycles between
Windows applications, damn).

Thanks in advance.
Patrick.

2. KDE 2.2 RPMS for RedHat 6.x

3. Fvwm2 Menu Keyboard Shortcut

4. SSA and DB2 data protection question

5. Keyboard shortcuts for menu apps?

6. Serial ports on netbsd for MVME147?

7. desktop keyboard shortcuts: how to configure? (painful)

8. imac disk partition

9. viewing keyboard shortcuts (and modifying them) on RH8 Gnome Desktop

10. Kpanel Menu For Switching Desktops

11. keyboard shortcut for windows equivalent of ctrl-tab

12. Not working switching windows and LibXaw menus

13. Munich switches to Suse/Linux desktop, Dumps Windows