Problems with KDE 1.1.2 Sparc Solaris 7

Post by Gus Robinso » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 05:27:16

I have tried binaries off the net and compiling my own but everytime I get
the same problem...
None of the menu functions work :-(
If I create a link on the desktop it works.
When I move it to the menu bar it doesn't.
Anyone any ideas ?

Gus
===

1. Solaris (Sparc 2.8) KDE 3.05 Theme problem

Hi,

I don't seem to be able to change the Theme on Solaris.  I keep getting the
following error message:

Theme contents could not be extracted from

/export/nohow2/kde3.0/share/apps/kthememgr/Themes/Wood.ktheme

into

/home/eng/tl/.kde/share/apps/kthememgr/Work/

Here is what I can tell you.  The file: Wood.ktheme does exist in the
appropriate location.  The /Work directory in my home directory does not
exists!  I tried creating it but the Theme Manager destroys it every time I
click on a theme.  I have several questions:

- has anyone seen this before and know what the issue is?
- Is there something (executable or script) that unpacks the .ktheme file?
If so what is the command?
- What does the file structure look like in the Work directory after the
Theme is applied?
- What config file contains which theme is applied? Is there a manual way to
do this?

Any help would be appreciated,

Tom

2. Broadcast over an FDDI network

3. KDE 3.3.1 for Solaris SPARC/x86 (Solaris 8/9/10)

4. Results of playing with linux-lite....

5. Will Solaris 9/SPARC binaries run on Solaris 8/SPARC ?

6. Atheism in future?

7. Update Solaris 8 Sparc to Solaris 9 Sparc

8. i know who pid is...

9. sparc (ultra sparc) solaris 8 vs. intel solaris 8 comparison

10. Any build of kde 2.1.1 for solaris-sparc?

11. Fwd: [kde-solaris] 32-bit KDE 3.2.2 Solaris packages built with Forte

12. KDE users on Solaris 2.6 Sparc- Q on kppp

13. changing fonts of dtterm(cde) in KDE (Solaris/Sparc)