Using CVS

Post by Micha » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Can anybody tell me, how could I check what was changed in sources of some
program using cvs.kde.org?
I tried "cvs log [package]" command, but cound't find any way to choose
only latest changes. Downloading changes from last 2 year by modem is not
exactly what I want.
I found in man -d option, but "cvs log -d 2000-11-20 [package]" works
exactly like without -d.
Any ideas?

Could anybody explain me meaning of "P [file]" reported by "cvs up" command?
In my man pages there are only U, A, R, M, C and ?

Thanks

--
Michal Rudolf
* Please change ic to ci in e-mail address.

Using CVS

Post by Christian Gebaue » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Can anybody tell me, how could I check what was changed in sources of some
> program using cvs.kde.org?
> I tried "cvs log [package]" command, but cound't find any way to choose
> only latest changes. Downloading changes from last 2 year by modem is not
> exactly what I want.
> I found in man -d option, but "cvs log -d 2000-11-20 [package]" works
> exactly like without -d.
> Any ideas?

If you want to check only the last change for a file you can use
the scripts named "cvslastchange" and "cvslastlog" in kdesdk/scripts.
For general browsing I prefer the WebCVS interface:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/

Quote:

> Could anybody explain me meaning of "P [file]" reported by "cvs up" command?
> In my man pages there are only U, A, R, M, C and ?

It stands for "patched".

Christian
--

1. Using cvs through ssh to a non-default port

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to use a cvs server through ssh. Although locally it works
perfectly, from outside my workplace's net I have to go through a
firewall with nat and which makes the ssh service in my machine
available not at port 22, but at another one.

Using "ssh -p [port]" I can connect to my machine without any trouble.

But the fact is I really don't know how can I set cvs or ssh to access
my cvs repository by using the "ssh" command with the "-p [port]" option.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you very much.

Cruinne.

2. How to set up network? Please Help!

3. best way to update using CVS?

4. ADVFS multipathing

5. Anyone using CVS out there?

6. problem with mouse USB

7. Help using CVS

8. Non-technical reasons why Linux is superior

9. 3.0 to 3.1 Upgrade using CVS

10. Reusing code using CVS and Make in "large" systems?

11. Ooops with 2.5.3 and ext3 (using cvs).

12. Using CVS to Update From 2.8 to 2.9

13. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree