KDE 1.1.1 -- libjpeg.so.62 -- Not Working

KDE 1.1.1 -- libjpeg.so.62 -- Not Working

Post by N. Nelso » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

I have RedHat 5.1 and have downloaded and installed KDE v1.1.1 and I set up
my file that command "startx" reads and now when I type in "startx" my
system sucessfully boots into X-Windows and KDE, however, once in KDE there
is no background and if you click on the menus and try to execute a program
nothing happens...  I logout of X-Windows and see where it says all this
stuff about missing libjpeg.so.62.  What can I do to fix this and what can I
do to fix the deal where you click a program icon and nothing happens?
Thanks in advance.

-Nathan Nelson

KDE 1.1.1 -- libjpeg.so.62 -- Not Working

Post by Jeff Broc » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

you might try making a link to the libjpeg.so file from the libjpeg.so.62
file

> I have RedHat 5.1 and have downloaded and installed KDE v1.1.1 and I set
up
> my file that command "startx" reads and now when I type in "startx" my
> system sucessfully boots into X-Windows and KDE, however, once in KDE
there
> is no background and if you click on the menus and try to execute a
program
> nothing happens...  I logout of X-Windows and see where it says all this
> stuff about missing libjpeg.so.62.  What can I do to fix this and what can
> do to fix the deal where you click a program icon and nothing happens?
> Thanks in advance.

> -Nathan Nelson

KDE 1.1.1 -- libjpeg.so.62 -- Not Working

Post by JihadA » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

I had the exact same problem and the way I fixed it was to go to the directory
where the libraries were installed. That directory is the 'lib' sub-directory
where you installed KDE. So if you installed it in /usr/local/kde, the
directory would be /usr/local/kde/lib. Once in that directory simply make a
subdirectory, named whatever you want and move all file starting with 'libjpeg'
into this new sub-directory. In case your wondering I also have Red Hat 5.1 and
KDE 1.1.1.