How to edit mouse menu

Post by gp » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:33:17

Hello

I am new to KDE (I installed 2.2 on my ultra-60, and 3.0 on laptop). My
question is, how do I edit the menu that pops up when I click the right
mouse button on a empty area? Solaris has a file ~/.dt/dtwmrc where you
specify the applications that appear when the mouse menu pops up. Is there
a similar method in KDE? I went as far as selecting 'custom menu 1' from
Control Center->Desktop. But now how do I edit this 'custom menu 1'?

thanks,
girish

How to edit mouse menu

Post by Stephan Binne » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:05:49

> question is, how do I edit the menu that pops up when I click the right
> mouse button on a empty area? Solaris has a file ~/.dt/dtwmrc where you

$KDEDIR/share/config/kdesktop_custom_menu1 or same place below $KDEHOME

Bye,
   Steve

How to edit mouse menu

Post by Beverly K. Po » Fri, 03 May 2002 20:56:06

> > question is, how do I edit the menu that pops up when I click the right
> > mouse button on a empty area? Solaris has a file ~/.dt/dtwmrc where you

> $KDEDIR/share/config/kdesktop_custom_menu1 or same place below $KDEHOME

> Bye,
>    Steve

I am also interested in how to do this and your reply helped a great
deal.  However, I am still a bit confused on how to go about setting
up the custom menu.  Is there any documentation on how to do that?
Basically I want to create several sub-menus, each of which has
multiple applications

1. KDE: editing mouse menu

This is a newbie question:

Is there a way to edit menu items that are shown when you click on right mouse
button on a empty desktop? I got as far as changing the menu using the Control
Center->Desktop. It gives options for right mouse buttong, one says 'custom menu
1'. Now where is this custom menu 1 stored? How can I edit it?

thanks
girish

2. Another Linux - Mac question

3. Editing Mouse Menus

4. question about utlities

5. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

6. Apache Transferlog Limit GET

7. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

8. Crash every time I close a window

9. Only root can edit KDE menus?

10. Editing xinitrc & menu items

11. Recommendation for Quick Fix of RH9 menu edit snafu

12. Alternate way to edit k menu???

13. Rightclick menu editing in RH8.