xdm, kdm colour depth Banshee??

Post by tp » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have RedHat 6.0 and XF86Setup allows me to select my 3dfx Banshee card
and to set default colour to 8,16,24 or
32 bpp.  When I use either XDM or KDM all I get is vga colours and I
don't know why despite a lot of looking!
If I startx -- -bpp 32 or xinit -- -bpp 32, no problems!

Would some kind soul shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Tony.

1. kde & kdm default color depth

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to set the default color depth for kdm to 16bpp?
I have been starting X from the command prompt with startx -- -bpp 16,
but I can't find the script that initializes kde from kdm and am only
getting about 256 colours which looks terrible.
I am using rh6.0 hedwig with their supplied version of kde.
tia!
Tony.

2. ViperSE(P9100)

3. Switching colour depth when using xdm

4. Reading kernel's memory contents from user level:SVR4

5. XDM Color Depth Configuration

6. Return codes in script

7. RH5.2, xdm, setting color depth

8. How to delete users?

9. Change color depth for xdm/KDE on Solaris??

10. selectin colour depth with xdm login

11. Using different XDM/X colour depths

12. Default color depth when using xdm

13. problem: xdm and color depth