Missing desktop icons

Post by kr » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:18:43

I posted this to comp.os.linux.x also

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to go about fixing this?

--------------------------

Hi
I am new to linux and am using Red Hat Linux 7.1

I logged on as root and changed my desktop from KDE to Gnome. I
restarted the X-server and then changed the desktop back to KDE.

Now I don't see any of my desktop icons in KDE. the mouse buttons also
do not work on the desktop. The KDE menus however still work. I get an
error on the console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) which says "DCOP error", which is
repeated every second.

KDE desktop however still works for other users.

Can anyone please help me fix this?

Thanks
Rajeshwar

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

1. desktop icon are missing....

Hello,

Im missing all the icon on my on my desktop
when ever I log in as root... If I log in a regular
user everything they are all there. This is a
new install.

Also my cursor stays as the watch.

Im running MDK9.1 with KDE 3.1

Any one know what could be caussing the problem?

Thanks
--
Christian

2. HELP: Newbie help needed 2940UW woes

3. Icons missing, not showing up in Icon View in Konquerer

4. Event monitoring software

5. Desktop icons in single desktop only?

7. What is missing on the linux desktop /Desktop Wishlist

8. using sed and awk a log file.

9. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

10. Problems with desktop icons

11. Can't Change the desktop symlinks icons.

12. How to put an shortcut icon on the GNOME desktop for directory listing?

13. Desktop Icon text on KDE 2