new window window appears where it has been closed

new window window appears where it has been closed

Post by Tom Hirschowit » Fri, 24 May 2002 18:19:23

Hi all,

I use emacs as a mail client, and I have the following problem.
To write a new mail, emacs pops up a new window, and sometimes
(I don't exactly know when), it appears on another desktop.

It could be related to the kde facilities for restoring sessions,
bringing back each application to where it was. Indeed I noticed
that new windows seem to always appear on the desktop where I closed
another emacs window for the last time.

Any idea on what I should do?
Thanks anyway.

new window window appears where it has been closed

Post by Ivan Valtchano » Fri, 24 May 2002 22:13:41

Hi all,

I would like to ask people using KDE3 if they have problems in printing
from KMail/Konqueror: namely - when I print more than one page document
(webpage or e-mail) in KDE 2.2.2 the last few lines in one page are
repeated in the next page. And this is very annoying "feature".

Is this issue resolved in KDE3? Did you have this problem with KDE2.2 or
it is my local version wrong?

Thank you for your answers.

Ivan

1. X-Window security: How to disallow window manipulation (closing, resizing, moving)

I've been asked to think about how to make a computer (running Linux or NT; the app runs
on both) airtight as a terminal in an exhibition area, where it is open to the public but
where it must not be possible to access anything but the application that is open on the
screen, or to close it, or do anything besides using that app. This is probably not very
difficult to do, seeing that the keyboard would be locked away anyway. In other words, all
you need to do is disable all the window controls that are accessible to the mouse (how do
you do that?) and then make sure that there is no 'Quit' function available within the
app, or if that's not possible, restart the app whenever it's being closed (run it from
inittab with respawn??) from within.

Does anyone have pointers to Howtos or FAQs or the like about this kind of thing?

Thanks, Frank

2. mkfs and mount

3. Strange KDE Window Behavior, Windows will automatically close

4. power off hdd / ide not 100% native

5. Left Edge of a window remains on screen after window closes

6. install linux w/o apple cd ?

7. How to avoid closing of child tasks when closing window ??

8. StarOffice and true type fonts

9. Netscape 4.72 on Suse 6.4: close window aborts instead of closes

10. Stopping new windows making current window inactive

11. Graduating from window by window display to whole Sparc5 window?

12. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95