Is it possible to resize taskbar

Post by Ton » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:43:47

Hi,

I just installed a second monitor. I managed to resize the panel on the
bottom just fine to just be on one screen through the control center and
say it should use only 50% of the screen.

My problem is that I have my taskbar on the top, but it seems to be impossible
to set the size of the taskbar to only cover one screen.

Any ideas, what I could do???

Best regards,

Toni

Post by Alain Beyran » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:23:02

> Hi,

> I just installed a second monitor. I managed to resize the panel on the
> bottom just fine to just be on one screen through the control center and
> say it should use only 50% of the screen.

> My problem is that I have my taskbar on the top, but it seems to be
> impossible to set the size of the taskbar to only cover one screen.

> Any ideas, what I could do???

Don't use the classical taskbar, but the applet taskbar : on Kicker (the
panel as you say), right mouse button, use "Add", "Applet", "Taskbar".
Then you manage it inside Kicker.

Hope it will be good.

--
Alain Beyrand

Is it possible to resize taskbar

Post by Rick » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:47:46

I tried that, but i can't add it because it's in "GRAY" color so can't
add it :( ...  you know why?

Thanks

--
Ricky
Cegonha Technologies Inc.

>>Hi,

>>I just installed a second monitor. I managed to resize the panel on the
>>bottom just fine to just be on one screen through the control center and
>>say it should use only 50% of the screen.

>>My problem is that I have my taskbar on the top, but it seems to be
>>impossible to set the size of the taskbar to only cover one screen.

>>Any ideas, what I could do???

> Don't use the classical taskbar, but the applet taskbar : on Kicker (the
> panel as you say), right mouse button, use "Add", "Applet", "Taskbar".
> Then you manage it inside Kicker.

> Hope it will be good.

Is it possible to resize taskbar

Post by tbrk » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:17:54

Thanks for the tip, but that is not what I want. I really
want to have an external task bar.

But I checked the kde bug database and they seem to have
fixed so that you can resize external extensions.

So I'll wait until my distro comes in a new version
or might even to try and recompile kicker my self.

Cheers,

Toni