KMid problem

Post by Alain Beyran » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 07:49:11

It is impossible for me to listen a midi file with Kmid. I have the
message :

"Couldn't open /dev/sequencer. Probably there is another program using
it." (and no other program is using the sound)

Perhaps I have some rpm to install before ? Or some parameter to change...

(also the mid files are not supported by noatun, and I cannot load a mid
file in Xmms) (however, all is OK for mp3 files)

Thanks for help.

--
Alain Beyrand

KMid problem

Post by Andy Collinso » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:06:32

> It is impossible for me to listen a midi file with Kmid. I have the
> message :

> "Couldn't open /dev/sequencer. Probably there is another program using
> it." (and no other program is using the sound)

> Perhaps I have some rpm to install before ? Or some parameter to change...

> (also the mid files are not supported by noatun, and I cannot load a mid
> file in Xmms) (however, all is OK for mp3 files)

> Thanks for help.

Hi,
You will have to tell us your soundcard and model and linus distribution.
If its a sound blaster live or varient you will have to load a soundfont
first
Andy

http://www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk

KMid problem

Post by Alain Beyran » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:56:14

> > Couldn't open /dev/sequencer
> You will have to tell us your soundcard and model and linus
distribution.
> If its a sound blaster live or varient you will have to load a

soundfont first

In the Mdk 8.0 control Center, it is seen as a sb ESS1869, so it is a
Sound Blaster or variant.

Where I load a "soundfont" ?

I think it Is it to put as a midi mapper on the page "Sound - midi" of
KDE Panel Control. In the Help page, it is said that it is very easy, you
only have to select a mapper
(http://www.kde.gr.jp/help/doc/kdebase/doc/kcontrol/HTML/midi.html). But
in $HOME, there is no such files !! Very easy when we know... I don't
know...

--
Alain Beyrand

KMid problem

Post by Stefan Heimer » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 05:32:19

> "Couldn't open /dev/sequencer. Probably there is another program using
> it." (and no other program is using the sound)

Try kmidi instead of kmid. It doesn't need /dev/sequencer. /dev/sequencer
is hard to set up on some soundcards.

KMid problem

Post by Alain Beyran » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:46:28

> Try kmidi instead of kmid. It doesn't need /dev/sequencer.
> /dev/sequencer is hard to set up on some soundcards.

Yes, thank you, it runs. However, if it is not too complex, I am
interested to compare with KMid...

--
Alain Beyrand

1. KMid Problems

Ok guys, KMid is screwing up a LOT.  It won't play any MIDI files at all!  I
can use the other two MIDI players using the SAME driver/mapper, but it
still won't work.  So, I tried setting up the Konqueror MIDI player for
TiMidity and the option to use it embedded isn't there.  Talk about peeved!
If you guys who are smarter than I am know how to edit something to point
it to embedding TiMidity instead of KMid, or a fix for KMid, it would be
muchly appriciated.

Rory

2. HELP ! XVision 6.01 and WfWg : aixterm does not appear

3. Kmid and sequencer busy problem

4. Online view

5. Kmid/Karoake

6. Experimental GNU Emacs 19.2x patch for Free OpenServer.

7. KDE 3 and kmid embedding

8. missing inetd.conf from redhat 7.0????

9. Kmid or Kmidi

10. kmid v kmidi

11. HELP: SoundBlaster PCI512 vs kmid

12. Kmid and Kmidi sound differences