How to upgrade from KDE3.02 to KDE3.03??

How to upgrade from KDE3.02 to KDE3.03??

Post by toton » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:00:03



Can someone pls tell me how can I upgrade My kde3.02 to kde3.03?
Thanks in advance.

Totonox.

 
 
 

How to upgrade from KDE3.02 to KDE3.03??

Post by Michael Parmele » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:06:54



> Can someone pls tell me how can I upgrade My kde3.02 to kde3.03?
> Thanks in advance.

> Totonox.

You could download the appropriate packages for your distro and install
them. I use Slackware so I downloaded the binary .tgz files that were
available for Slackware.

If you use RedHat you can download the RPM's.

And of course you can compile from source if that is your thing.

You can find links to the download locations for you flavor of linux here:

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.0.3.html

regards
mike p.

 
 
 

How to upgrade from KDE3.02 to KDE3.03??

Post by Christian Reine » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:10:08




>> Can someone pls tell me how can I upgrade My kde3.02 to kde3.03?
>> Thanks in advance.

>> Totonox.

> You could download the appropriate packages for your distro and install
> them. I use Slackware so I downloaded the binary .tgz files that were
> available for Slackware.

> If you use RedHat you can download the RPM's.

######
Sorry, if you're running RedHat just forget about using the rpms:
Beside the numerous strange package dependencies the "official" packages are
a piece of .... Crashes all the time.
Compile yourself or stick to 3.02
#####

Quote:

> And of course you can compile from source if that is your thing.

> You can find links to the download locations for you flavor of linux here:

> http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.0.3.html

> regards
> mike p.

--
Christian Reiner
Entwicklung & Projekt Management
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageWare Components GmbH
Berliner Freiheit 36, D - 53111 Bonn - Germany
Tel:    +49 - 228 - 969 85 - 47
Fax:    +49 - 228 - 969 85 - 84

Web:    http://www.imageware.de
------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImageWare Components GmbH ist ein Beteiligungsunternehmen
der T-Venture, die Corporate Venture Capital Tochter der
Deutschen Telekom AG und der Bonn-Innova GmbH & Co.KG

Besuchen Sie uns auf folgenden Messen:
03. - 05.09.2002 DMS in Essen
17. - 19.09.2002 Deutscher Archivtag in Trier
18. - 21.09.2002 8th European Conference of Medical and Health Libraries
in K?ln
18. - 20.09.2002 INETBIB in G?ttingen
24. - 25.09.2002 SunSummit in Frankfurt
26. - 28.09.2002 Kolloquium zur Informationsvermittlung in Gotha

 
 
 

How to upgrade from KDE3.02 to KDE3.03??

Post by Rex Diete » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:55:35




>> If you use RedHat you can download the RPM's.
> ######
> Sorry, if you're running RedHat just forget about using the rpms:
> Beside the numerous strange package dependencies the "official" packages
> are a piece of .... Crashes all the time.
> Compile yourself or stick to 3.02
> #####

Or use my rpms (they work great for all our redhat boxen),

http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/

--
Rex A. Dieter                  
Computer System Administrator  
Mathematics and Statistics      
University of Nebraska Lincoln  

 
 
 

1. Howdy: Question - upgrading KDE3 - KDE3.1 (SuSE 8.1 distro)

Got all the files - did the rpm -Uvh * rpm command within the directory
where I put the KDE3.1 files.

Result:

TETEX is needed by kdegraphics 3 - tex - 3.1-62
LIBPISOCK.so.8 is needed by kdepim3-kpilot

Tetex is a printer library........do I really "need' this?

Libpisock is a library for the palm pilot!!!..I have an athlonPC.......i
don't need this.

How do I get KDE3.1 installed??...........can I get it to ignore the
missing libraries? or do I need to find them on the net somewhere and
install them just to get KDE to upgrade itself?

SuSE really needs to setup/update their online updating system - there is
no excuse for me to go to KDE.org and hunt and pick all the files i need
to install a simple update!

thanks for any help you may provide!

2. Can I change port CVS(ssh) connects with?

3. Repacking KDE3.01 to /opt/kde3 ??

4. Technology Discussion Forums

5. Why is KDE3 using /home/dir/.kde/ instead of .kde3 ?

6. KDE 2.2.1 and Linux 2.4.10 and ksysguard

7. KDE3.03 Print Problem

8. semi-intelligent disk format tool

9. Sound, KDE3.03, gconfd-2, evolution

10. No Konq previews in KDE3.03 on Mandrake9

11. Installing KDE3.03 on Netbsd

12. ML9.0:"could not find mime type",file system errrors, KDE3.03 unusable

13. LILO booting error(L 02 02 02 02 02 - - - - )