Making Mozilla the default browser problem

Making Mozilla the default browser problem

Post by Vid » Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:21:56

If I make Mozilla the default browser in KDE, it never works when I click
links in emails (in Kmail) and other places... it seems almost like
Konqueror is the only thing that works with KDE as it should.  How do I
make Mozilla behave properly under KDE?

Making Mozilla the default browser problem

Post by R.V. Gronof » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 04:45:48

Vid a crit:

Quote:> If I make Mozilla the default browser in KDE, it never works when I click
> links in emails (in Kmail) and other places... it seems almost like
> Konqueror is the only thing that works with KDE as it should.  How do I
> make Mozilla behave properly under KDE?

Install the SP1 (sorry: bad joke :-p).

Post by Kevin Kramme » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:45:35

> If I make Mozilla the default browser in KDE, it never works when I
> click links in emails (in Kmail) and other places... it seems almost
> like
> Konqueror is the only thing that works with KDE as it should.  How do
> I make Mozilla behave properly under KDE?

You have to make Mozilla the top entry for text/html in teh file
association settings.

An be sure that the mozilla entry is using the %u parameter, otherwise
it will get passed a temporary file containing the requested page.

Cheers,
kevin

--

Student at Graz University of Technology
http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/v/voyager

Post by Doug Laidla » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:29:01

> If I make Mozilla the default browser in KDE, it never works when I click
> links in emails (in Kmail) and other places... it seems almost like
> Konqueror is the only thing that works with KDE as it should.  How do I
> make Mozilla behave properly under KDE?

I found that I could make Mozilla the default browser, but any URLs whic
would open normally in Konqueror got saved to disk, then opened from there.
 Result - I couldn't use any links from them.  I use Konqueror for links
from Kmail etc., and Mozilla for everything else.

Doug.

1. make Mozilla default browser - better way?

In Red Hat 7.1 running GNOME, I decided to remove Netscape and use
Mozilla as the default browser.  Of course, removing Netscape leaves
your HTML files in Midnight Commander and on your desktop kind of
orphaned - double clicking one results in nothing happening.

No problem, just change the text/html mime type in Control Center to
point to /usr/bin/mozilla, right?  Wrong!

The default entry is "gnome-moz-remote file:%f", whatever the hell that
means - must be related to netscape somehow.  After trying several
entries with no luck,  I finally found the following on Google Groups:

gnome-moz-remote && /usr/bin/mozilla file:%f

Voila! It works.  Anybody know why this works, or a better way to do it?

2. mail server problem - sendmail or fetchmail?

3. mozilla as default browser

4. Problems with virtual screen size RH5.1

5. Novice: making pine my default browser

6. Compiling DOSEMU0.52 ?

7. How can I see the mpeg file with in browser (mozilla) ???

8. Linux Problems Problems Problems ... DNS, HD, X Windows

9. Mozilla Browser runs but flashes off screen (RH 8.0)?

10. JRE plugin in mozilla browser

11. Non-Mozilla browser development

12. how can I see the mpeg files within browser (mozilla) ???

13. JRE plugin for mozilla browser