qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Seth » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:47:49



where do I find this tar ball.  I'm trying to install KDE 3.0.2, and the
instructions say to install this first. All that I can find is qt-
x11-free-3.0.5.  The instructions at KDE's web site give all the flags for
the ./configure, but they do not work with the version I got from trolltech.
What compile options do I need to set for the version that I have, or can
someone tell me where to get the version spoken of at KDE's web
site(qt-x11-3.0.4).  

 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Patrice Lazaref » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:32:06


Seth a crit:

Quote:

> where do I find this tar ball.  I'm trying to install KDE 3.0.2, and the
> instructions say to install this first. All that I can find is qt-
> x11-free-3.0.5.

Version 3.0.5 works ok, it's just a fix for a few things in 3.0.4

Quote:> The instructions at KDE's web site give all the flags for
> the ./configure, but they do not work with the version I got from
> trolltech. What compile options do I need to set for the version that I
> have, or can someone tell me where to get the version spoken of at KDE's
> web site(qt-x11-3.0.4).

I compiled it with -qt-gif -thread and it works well (I use KDE CVS
version).

Patrice
--
Post avec Knode, le lecteur de niouzes de KDE

 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Rolf Magnu » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:48:06



> I compiled it with -qt-gif -thread and it works well (I use KDE CVS
> version).

hm. You should rather use something like:

./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg \
  -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-g++-exceptions

especially, -no-g++-exceptions will reduce the memory footprint.

 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Patrice Lazaref » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:16:31


Rolf Magnus a crit:

Quote:> hm. You should rather use something like:

> ./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg \
>   -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-g++-exceptions

> especially, -no-g++-exceptions will reduce the memory footprint.

Yep, I used to follow the instructions from kde website, but since I
followed those from trolltech all seems sooooo much faster in terms of
display...

However, I'll try your config line today and see...

Thanks,
Patrice
--
Post avec Knode, le lecteur de niouzes de KDE

 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Seth » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:33:47




>> I compiled it with -qt-gif -thread and it works well (I use KDE CVS
>> version).

> hm. You should rather use something like:

> ./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg \
>   -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-g++-exceptions

> especially, -no-g++-exceptions will reduce the memory footprint.

thanks to both of you, for the response, I guess I will try 3.0.5 again
One more question, if I configure it one way and it doesn't work, can I
just go ahead and try it the other way, or is there something that I need
to do first, to undo the first configure?
Thanks again
 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Patrice Lazaref » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:27:03


Seth a crit:


> thanks to both of you, for the response, I guess I will try 3.0.5 again
> One more question, if I configure it one way and it doesn't work, can I
> just go ahead and try it the other way, or is there something that I need
> to do first, to undo the first configure?
> Thanks again

You can do it again:

gmake clean /* to get rid of previous settings */
./configure /* with other set of options */
gmake

I have also edited the Makefile to remove sub-examples and sub-tutorial in
order to gain time on the (loooonngggg) compile time ;-)

Patrice
--
Post avec Knode, le lecteur de niouzes de KDE

 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Geoffrey Clement » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:42:40



Quote:> just go ahead and try it the other way, or is there something that I need
> to do first, to undo the first configure?

I think that deleting config.cache should be sufficient.

--
Geoff

 
 
 

qt-x11-3.0.4.tar.bz2

Post by Rolf Magnu » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:48:34



> I have also edited the Makefile to remove sub-examples and sub-tutorial in
> order to gain time on the (loooonngggg) compile time ;-)

It would have been sufficient to write:

make symlinks sub-src sub-tools

You all should really have a look at README.qt-copy, which, btw, can also be
read online if you got an official trolltech release instead of the
qt-copy. You can use webcvs, e.g:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/qt-copy/README.qt-copy?rev=1...,