konqueror vs. Hotmail

Post by walt » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:49:09

I finally fixed it!  I haven't been able to
use konqueror for months to access Hotmail,
couldn't figure out why.

I thought it was something broken in ssl, but
n-o-o-o-o-o.....somewhere along the way some
package upgrade turned off cookies by default,
and I never new the difference except that
Hotmail stopped working.

What's kinda interesting is that Hotmail is the
*only* site that stopped working AFAIK.  Maybe
other sites haved stopped using cookies as much
as they used to.

konqueror vs. Hotmail

Post by Eike Lantzs » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:24:33

>  What's kinda interesting is that Hotmail is the
>  *only* site that stopped working AFAIK.  Maybe
>  other sites haved stopped using cookies as much
>  as they used to.

Well, www.nytimes.com does use cookies and relies on it too.
No cookies - no N.Y. Times. And thats a pity because IMO
N.Y. Times is waaaayyyyy more useful than Hotmail. :-P
Like a good meal is more useful than Spam - now I run...

Regards, Ike
--
        . .                     Eike Lantzsch
       <___>                    CdC 1489 ASUNCION PY

1. accessing hotmail under konqueror

Hi,

I'm desesperately trying to access hotmail under konqueror but each time I
log on, konqueror complains that "The process for the
http://lc2.law13.hotmail.passport.com protocol died unexpectedly".

SSLv2 and SSLv3 are enabled.

Help is welcome.

Sebastien

2. rlogin in linux

3. Can Konqueror access Hotmail?

4. Cannot run NE2000 + lp1/plip

5. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

6. porting

7. Hotmail (MSN) vs sendmail

8. My Plextor hangs under Linux. Why?

9. HotMail vs LinuxMail: Uptimes

10. LinuxMail vs HotMail

11. Perfomance: tar vs ftp vs rsync vs cp vs ?

12. Slackware vs SuSE vs Debian vs Redhat vs ....

13. Konqueror vs. Windows Explorer