kppp question

Post by krage » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:41:09

ok, I bought mandrake 8.0 as I have a *ISP and didn't want to totally
upgrade over the net, and is there anyway I can get KPPP to automatically
reconnect when I get disconnected

my ISP cuts me off after 2 hours use, (yes, its very cheap, but it works)

or do I have to play about and get wvdial again?

(please don't say that, just upgrading to an athlon 1400 with the supplied
dodgy mb was stress enough)

krager

kppp question

Post by akar » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:13:17

> ok, I bought mandrake 8.0 as I have a *ISP and didn't want to totally
> upgrade over the net, and is there anyway I can get KPPP to automatically
> reconnect when I get disconnected

> my ISP cuts me off after 2 hours use, (yes, its very cheap, but it works)

> or do I have to play about and get wvdial again?

> (please don't say that, just upgrading to an athlon 1400 with the supplied
> dodgy mb was stress enough)

You should be able to, after all it is one of the options in kppp.

regards,
andrew

kppp question

Post by Brian Moys » Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:52:33

Quote:> ok, I bought mandrake 8.0 as I have a *ISP and didn't want to
> totally upgrade over the net, and is there anyway I can get KPPP to
> automatically reconnect when I get disconnected

> my ISP cuts me off after 2 hours use, (yes, its very cheap, but it
> works)

> or do I have to play about and get wvdial again?

> (please don't say that, just upgrading to an athlon 1400 with the
> supplied dodgy mb was stress enough)

> krager

KPPP
Setup
Misc tab
put an x in "Automatic redial on disconnect"

Brian

1. Kppp question

I just installed Red Hat 6.2 and have set KDE as my default desktop.
Kppp works fine running as root but when I try to run it as a user
it prompts for a root password.

I tried what the docs said, made a kppp.allow and tried a group as well.

Still only root can run kppp. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Cisco 776 ISDN Router

3. suse 7.3 kde 2.2.1 kppp question

4. ports being scanned 515

5. Newbie wvdial & kppp questions