HOWTO: Install a new kcm module?

Post by agro » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:02:36

Hi folks,
with kdevelop 3 alpha 4 ( on CVS) I created a new *Control Center Module*.
Added a simple tabbed dialog,
Then I ..
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
su make install-ed

Everything went fine. But I do not see my tabbed dialog in the KDE control
centre at all.

Can someone please explain all the steps to be taken to install a module?

Also, *make install* created a directory at:
/usr/share/applnk/Settings/my_kcm_project/

*my_kcm_project* is not listed on the KDE Control Center. How do I make a
new category of modules and how do I make a category information page?

Agron.

--
Verify this digital signiture at http://www.mandrakesecure.net/cks/
Generate your own digital signiture with http://www.gnupg.org/

1. Howto install new locale (was: Howto convert UTF-8 to lower/uppercase)

Hi,
I have a machine with redhat 6.2.
The version of locale is 2.1.3
This version has (at least at this machine)
no locale de_DE.utf8 or any other *.utf8
But I need to do conversion of UTF-8 chars (lower<->upper).
Is it possible to install a new locale? (I want to avoid to install new version of locale if possible.)
I took the directory de_DE.utf8 from a machine
with version 2.2.2, "locale -a" did show me de_DE.utf8
but if I call setlocale() in my program the behaviour is like de_DE.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

2. Air Filters: making your own...

3. New way to do QOS and limit bandwidth with Linux, new site , new software Howto Included

4. @INC problem with Apache Perl CGI under chroot

5. New Howto/mini-howto/man page/rfc/irc/book site

6. Setting up memory use limits for process...HOWTO ???

7. New USB memory-stick howto: Flash-Memory-HOWTO

8. Hi, I'm having trouble printing landscape to a HP9000 printer on solaris, can anyone please HELP!!!

9. Submission: HOWTO: new ADSL mini-howto ver 0.81 released

10. New HOWTO....HOWTO-Hose-RedHat-Installation (help!)

11. howto install driver module for par port external cdrom ?

12. HOWTO install SCO from backup on a new HD ?

13. Asking for comments on new HOWTO, setting up a new domain