KDE 2.1.x Fixed Width Fonts Free Feeble Font Fix

KDE 2.1.x Fixed Width Fonts Free Feeble Font Fix

Post by mbi » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 02:15:37

Quote:

> > Hi everyone,
> > Can anyone give me a tip on how to change the fixed width font in
> > KDE 2.1.1 with anti-aliasing? The problem is something like this:

> > - I enable Anti-Aliasing
> > - As usual, all the fonts go wacky, and everything gets set to
> > the first TrueType font on my system (Agency FB).
> > - I change all of the fonts to Arial, Times New Roman, etc.,
> > however the fixed width font selection box has only _one_ font to
> > pick - "fixed." I pick "fixed" and click okay.
> > - I reload the font module, and the fixed width font has reset
> > itself back to Agency FB.

> > Is there anyway to force it to use a font such as Courier New, like
> > I can do in KDE 2.1?

Edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals file. There is a line for fixed
font - set f.ex. Courier New there...

Post by akar 'th 'orribl » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:07:23

>> > Hi everyone,
>> > Can anyone give me a tip on how to change the fixed width font in
>> > KDE 2.1.1 with anti-aliasing? The problem is something like this:

>> > - I enable Anti-Aliasing
>> > - As usual, all the fonts go wacky, and everything gets set to
>> > the first TrueType font on my system (Agency FB).
>> > - I change all of the fonts to Arial, Times New Roman, etc.,
>> > however the fixed width font selection box has only _one_ font to
>> > pick - "fixed." I pick "fixed" and click okay.
>> > - I reload the font module, and the fixed width font has reset
>> > itself back to Agency FB.

>> > Is there anyway to force it to use a font such as Courier New, like
>> > I can do in KDE 2.1?

> Edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals file. There is a line for
> fixed font - set f.ex. Courier New there...

Unfortuneatly that gets overwritten every time you make a font
adjustment.

--
Regards,

Andrew

Post by Thomas Worthingto » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:19:57

>> Edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals file. There is a line for
>> fixed font - set f.ex. Courier New there...
> Unfortuneatly that gets overwritten every time you make a font
> adjustment.

You could set the permissions so its read only. Depends on how often you
want to change your settings. Me, I'd just like the fonts to display!

1. KDE 2.2.2: control center: Look & Feel: Fonts: fixed width font selector broken ?

KDE 2.2.2 insists on using the script font "Arioso" as the fixed width
font, which is really annoying. Even if I change the fixed width font
setting to some other font, KDE refuses to honor the change. For
example, if I:

a) Open the KDE control center
b) Select the "Look & Feel | Fonts" option
c) Click on the "Choose..." button next to the "Fixed width" font
option
d) Select "Fixed 10 default" and click OK [n.b. "Fixed" is the only
font name available, and "default" is the only character set
available; so "Fixed <size> default" is the only font choice
available]
e) Click on the "Apply" button
f) Select the "Look & Feel | Icons" option
g) Re-select the "Look & Feel | Fonts" option

At this point the "Fixed width" font is once again set to the script
font "Arioso".

So how do I change the fixed width font to something other than
Arioso?  [FWIW, I'm working with a Redhat 7.2 distrobution.] Tia...

Jim

2. graphical performance monitor

3. Fixed width antialiased fonts fixed in KDE 2.2?

4. Improve inter-cpu object passing in slab 2/3

5. Replacing fixed width anti-aliased font on kde

6. How to sync SCO unix time with Solaris Sparc20

7. kde-3.1rc6: fixed-width fonts list severely limited

8. disk usage

9. KDE 2.1 & 2.2.1 fixed font changed to Arioso

10. kmail fixed width font

11. chkfontpath not found + missing fixed width fonts

12. Fixed width fonts

13. Scalabilty problem fixed width font