1. Proxy Bad Gateway (502) Errors between front-end ssl and back-end mod_perl server!
Intermittent Proxy Errors . Cannot predict when they happen, but
it is frequent enough to be distressing.
* Redhat linux 7.1 [Have the issue on a 7.3 test machine as well]
* Front end Apache server 1.3.22, mod_ssl, php, auth_mysql, mod_proxy,
- Proxied connetcions are almost always SSL to the front end.
* Back end Apache server 1.3.22, mod_perl statix [also happens if
Running on same machine, different port . [Problem
also happened on apache v1.3.17 before we upgraded].
Certain directories are proxied to the back-end mod_perl apache server
for processing with the following directives, i.e.
ProxyPass /perl/ http://127.0.0.1:81/perl/
I have tried different ProxyReceiveBufferSize values (0, 63353, 4096)
it still gives the issue
When the situation happens, we have
* With both servers at LogLevel "debug"
* No messages or non-200 lines generated in the log files of the
* No messages generated in the front-end server log
* Only 502 lines in the front-end access log
This situation does NOT seem to depend on what page is accessed very
* Different pages produce the problem intermittently
* Hitting refresh over and over on the same [proxied] page sometimes
produces the proxy error.
Excerpt of httpd.conf for the back-end server:
Alias /perl/ /xd1/homes/httpd/luxsci.com/member-cgi/
PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /xd1/homes/httpd/luxsci.com/perl/
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.
ANY Help would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been struggling with
this problem for a long time now.
2. lfingerd, little finger daemon
3. Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (LinuxDoes end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux
5. Wanted: Friendly front-end for tar
6. Please help me
7. Q: CDRecord front-end with hfs support
8. Bug in select? Behavior changes midstream
9. How can I setup failover with FreeBSD as front-end to windows servers???
10. ppp front-end
11. front-end prg. for tape back/restore
12. Fido Front-end
13. Is there a graphical front-end to snoop?