differents Icons on diff desktop

Post by Bertran » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

"Hello  world" (traditionnal !)

Is there any possibilitie to have different Icons on different Desktops
I mean

on Desk1 icons for administration : template, konsole, ressource .....

on Desk 2 TeX and his brothers (and numberous familie)

on Desk 3 icons for graphic applics : gimp, ghostview, ....

 I think it would be very useful to have clean desktops.

Post by David Faur » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> "Hello  world" (traditionnal !)

> Is there any possibilitie to have different Icons on different Desktops
> I mean

> on Desk1 icons for administration : template, konsole, ressource .....

> on Desk 2 TeX and his brothers (and numberous familie)

> on Desk 3 icons for graphic applics : gimp, ghostview, ....

>  I think it would be very useful to have clean desktops.

Currently the answer is no.
I (and some others) thought about doing it in KDE-2.x - optionnally of
course, but I was wondering if it wasn't too confusing.
Of course it means ~/Desktop would have to become ~/Desktop1,
~/Desktop2...
Hmm, why not.
But I can already see the question : "how do I move an icon from a
desktop
to another..." :-)

--
David Faure