Docking Apps

Post by Jason Pec » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:11:40

Thanks to those who helped (and scolded) me regarding
the problems I was having after installing KDE2.  I do have
another quesiton, if you please...

How can I get apps to dock in the K panel?  For instance,
I like to run KBiff to monitor my mail, but I cannot get
it to dock in the panel.  Is there some trick?

Thanks!

Jason

Docking Apps

Post by Steve Bradle » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:03:05

> Thanks to those who helped (and scolded) me regarding
> the problems I was having after installing KDE2.  I do have
> another quesiton, if you please...

> How can I get apps to dock in the K panel?  For instance,
> I like to run KBiff to monitor my mail, but I cannot get
> it to dock in the panel.  Is there some trick?

No trick Jason.
Not every app will dock into the panel of course...but in the case of Kbiff,
if you're running a current version (I'm on 3.3.1 - I don't know if there's a
newer one out) there is an option in the Setup dialog box, General tab that
says, and I quote, "Dock in panel".  Check the box.
--
Steve Bradley

Public key available at:
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/bradleysm/bradleysm_public_key.asc

1. Docking apps in WindowMaker

Hi,

I'm new to WindowMaker and have the following problem:

When I dock some app, it can normally be run only
once from the dock; after that the three little dots
on the icon are gone, and the icon is kind of dead.

Now I found somewhere in the documentation a way to
circumvent this: make the app emulate an icon and
somehow dock that. However, when I want to select
this emulation from the window menu/attributes panel,
it's grayed out for all the apps I tried.
=> First problem.

Then, I played around with the attributes, and at some
point deactivated application icons for one or two
apps. When I decided later to bring them back, I found
the window menu/application specific menu entry grayed
out.
=> Second problem.

As a side effect, the icon emulation was suddenly
possible for the apps I robbed of app icons. However,
it doesn't help much as there won't be an icon I can
drag onto the dock.
=> Third problem.

Overall, I have the impression that I haven't yet
understood this whole mechanism, especially as I
couldn't reproduce the described behaviour for some
other app when I tried to get behind it all.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks and Cheers,

Thomas

--
Thomas Lotze - thomas.lotze *at* gmx.net

http://www.thomas-lotze.de
http://www.thomas-lotze.de/Schiebefax :o)

2. corrupt data on RAID

3. windowmaker docked apps...

4. How are the number of rlogins controlled AIX4.1.4?

5. Dock apps in enlightenment+gnome?

6. Need help with IP MASQ (route.conf)

7. Error when compiling dock apps in WMaker

8. Solutions for performance (ACK-feedback) problems on asymetric lines

9. Gnome & Dock Apps

10. Dock apps in Enlightenment 15.5

11. Window Maker Dock Apps

12. Dock Apps / GS info