migrating outlook contacts to KAdressbook

migrating outlook contacts to KAdressbook

Post by florian widm » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:58:03

I migrated my emails from outlook to KMail with out2unix. it worked
fine, after i figured out how to do it. now i want to migrate my
contacts. it doesnt work. out2unix creates a *.kab file and tells me
to move it to /home/%user%/.kde2/share/apps/kab this doesnt work.
beyond /share the path doesnt exist. i also moved the file to
/home/%user%//.kde/share/apps/kabc but that doesnt work either since
KAdressbook saves the addresses in a vcf file. how can i import my kab
file? i have KDE 3.0 with suse 8.1.
thanks for every hint

1. Migrating Outlook Contacts to OpenLDAP

I would like to transfer all my priovate addresses which are stored in
an Outlook contacts folder to an OpenLDAP server, so I cann access the
same address book from several  applications.
Does anybody have the appropriate OpenLDAP definition files? Maybe some
scripts to transfer the addresses from Outlook to OpenLDAP?

Thanks,
Peter

2. What language did Netscape use for development?

3. Sharing Outlook contacts with Linux ?

4. disksuite and internal U10 HDD?

5. Outlook Contacts --> ?

6. HELP ! SCSI controller

7. importing outlook contacts into kmail

8. PPP setup questions

9. Outlook contacts to KDE Kab address book.

10. Sharing Outlook contacts with Linux server ?

11. So IE5/Outlook/Outlook Express will all execute attachments

12. To migrate or not to migrate

13. Address of WP contact?