kmenuedit error message

Post by Graham Brigg » Sat, 11 May 2002 09:57:29

I was reconstructing my menus for KDE3 in kmenuedit after menudrake killed
everything.

Anyway, I went to add the submenu "Multimedia" which does not exist.

I got the error:

"This directory is forgiven. Please supply another name."

Well, nice of the program to *forgive* the name, which is presumably because
Multimedia is a configured as a menu somewhere else (not in my user's
configuration though!), but surely the error message can be more helpful
and correct, like:

"This submenu name is reserved. Please supply another name."

Graham

1. Error message continuous error messages

The error message "lp: Driver configured but no interfaces found" keeps
being printed on my screen.  It is from something I tried to do with lp.

How can I kill whatever is causing it.  I did a ps -fe, but I don't see
any process that looks like that.  This happened after I tried printing a
test page.

What should I do?

Greg

2. Samba File Server - Mount Local?

3. Error Message of Message Queue

4. Text prob after exiting X (RH 5.2)

5. strange error messages in message log

6. Secure UNIX Programming FAQ

7. 1506-281: (E) Error in message set 12, unable to retrieve message 22.

8. cpio

9. We are getting this error message /var/log/messages

10. Error message of message log

11. kernel error message "martial message"

12. Knoppix X-Window terminated error message on start up message question

13. We are getting this error message /var/log/messages