KDE2 Speed

Post by Peter B. Ensc » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 04:00:00

What is everyone's experience with KDE2's speed?

Mine is that it appears slower than 1.1.2; since I
installed kde2 I have quadrupled my best score in my
favourite game (OK it's a gnome game - gnibbles!) and
am noticing the cursor* for a split second
everytime I switch from one desktop to another.

Anyone else having speed-related issues?

I installed the SuSe v6.4 RPMs including the Suse QT libs.
I have 256 MB RAM and am running on a PIII 450MHz.

Peter

--
Peter B. Ensch

Linux ~ Where do you want to go tomorrow?

KDE2 Speed

Post by Bart » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have the same configuration and I find KDE2 to be more responsive than my
old 1.1.2 installation.

KDE2 Speed

Post by Texsta » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Peter,

I have noticed a slight decrease in speed compared to KDE-1.1.2. It feels
sluggish at times. I'm sure that KDE-2.1 will be much better. I visited
the KDE-2 site last night and checked out  the bug postings and they
had quite a few listed.

Cheers,
Tex

> What is everyone's experience with KDE2's speed?

> Mine is that it appears slower than 1.1.2; since I  installed kde2 I
> have quadrupled my best score in my  favourite game (OK it's a gnome
> game - gnibbles!) and  am noticing the cursor* for a split second
>  everytime I switch from one desktop to another.

> Anyone else having speed-related issues?

> I installed the SuSe v6.4 RPMs including the Suse QT libs. I have 256 MB
> RAM and am running on a PIII 450MHz.

> Peter

KDE2 Speed

Post by Albert Wagne » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

My experience is that it's a mixed bag: some things slower, some faster.
The really biggie for me is that Konqueror->Tools->Find files is really,
really slow; A lot more disk thrashing than 1.1.2.

> What is everyone's experience with KDE2's speed?

> Mine is that it appears slower than 1.1.2; since I
> installed kde2 I have quadrupled my best score in my
> favourite game (OK it's a gnome game - gnibbles!) and
> am noticing the cursor* for a split second
> everytime I switch from one desktop to another.

> Anyone else having speed-related issues?

> I installed the SuSe v6.4 RPMs including the Suse QT libs.
> I have 256 MB RAM and am running on a PIII 450MHz.

> Peter

> --
> Peter B. Ensch

> Linux ~ Where do you want to go tomorrow?

1. Mouse speed in KDE2

Hi,

I am fairly new to Linux, and am using Suse 7.3 Pro with KDE 2.  I have a
nice big monitor, so I am running at 1600x1200.  This requires a fast mouse
to move around.  Is there any way to set the basic mouse speed in KDE ?  The
control panel only gives a setting for the acceleration - this is useful,
but not enough.  Poking around has revealled that the acceleration setting
is held in  ~/.kde2/share/config/kcminputrc in the [Mouse] section, but I
can see no setting for the base speed.  Is there some way to change it using
X configuration files perhaps?

Thanks.

--
David Brown
Norway

2. Solaris 2.4 x86 serial performance

3. Window animation speed control in KDE2?

4. Linux 2.5.18-dj1

5. High speed Internet (ASDL/rr-pppoe) problem with kde2.2/RH7.1

6. TLI: how to reuse a port if OS hasn't released it?

7. Speeding up KDE2

8. XF86Setup for Compaq Armada 7800

9. PS2 Mouse Speed in KDE2

10. Speed..Speed..Speed

11. Upgrading from KDE2.0 to KDE2.1

12. How to Replace KDE2-Beta4 by KDE2-Beta5 ?

13. Konquerer between KDE2.2beta1 and KDE2.2