Yellow Cog Animation in Folder Tree

Post by pome » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 05:31:13

How do I get rid of these yellow animated cogs in the folder tree view. I'm
running KDE 2.2.2-1 in RH 7.2

The previous suggestion on disabling menu effects for this did not work.
I'm not sure I need a multitude of annoying spinning yellow cogs
when using the tree view in KFM. Not to mention they cause a constant
flickering of the whole file manager environment.

Thanks,

Post by Robert_ » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:50:12

> How do I get rid of these yellow animated cogs in the folder tree view.
> I'm running KDE 2.2.2-1 in RH 7.2

> The previous suggestion on disabling menu effects for this did not work.
> I'm not sure I need a multitude of annoying spinning yellow cogs
> when using the tree view in KFM. Not to mention they cause a constant
> flickering of the whole file manager environment.

> Thanks,

You got me interested so I did a quick google search.  The only thing I
found (in German) seemed to say that hacking the source and recompiling was
the only way to do it.  (not sure of this of course)

kdebase/konqueror/sidebar/trees/konq_sidebartree.cpp

startAnimation

all the best,
Robert_L
--
Mandrake Linux release 8.1 (Vitamin) for i586
Linux 2.4.18

1. Konqueror folder animation

Hello,

Altough the problem is mentioned a couple of times on Google, no solution
has been offered as far as I could tell. So here it is again:

The animated little yellow cogwheel that shows when opening a folder in
konqueror somehow doesn't stop anymore. It used to go away after the
reading of the folder was done, but now it just keeps on spinning. This is
irritating, as it makes the folderpannel flicker.

Does somebody know a way to disable this animation? Please? A real fix
making it stop when it should be stopped would be even better...

Andr

System:
Redhat 7.1
KDE 2.2.2-2

2. Newbie: help with syntax

3. Human Animation & Robots : 3d Animation for the Web (Win-Lin-Mac)

4. MetroX on RH Linux v4. problem when quitting

5. Folder tree view problem

6. Book on Capacity planning and Performance Management Theory...

7. X based icons, folder tree...

8. Multiboot with LILO SCSI SCSI case

9. copy certain folders from dir tree

10. mount when folder opens, umount when folder closes.

11. chmod of all the files and sub folders under one folder

12. virtual desktops, KDE, GNOME peaceful cog-existence???

13. get kmail imap folders into main folders