KDE 3.1 tear off menus

Post by Dan Breckenridg » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:55:10

This is not a feature I've used a lot, but I notice it is not in 3.1 by
default.  And, I cannot find where to turn it on.  Did the ability to tear
off a menu and have it open on the desktop go away in 3.1?  I run redhat
8.0 and it is in 3.0.3 that came with redhat.  I had rc6 running before 3.1
and it was not there either.  Am I just overlooking it in the Control
Panel?

Thanks,

Dan

KDE 3.1 tear off menus

Post by Lauri Watt » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:00:02

KDE 3.1 tear off menus

Post by Dan Breckenridg » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:50:05

Thanks for the reply.  I "found" the place in Control Panel to set this.
The only choice is Application Level.  I selected that, but nothing
changed.  I logged out and back in, I restarted X, and then I rebooted.
But, no tear off menu.  Before, there used to be a dashed line at the
bottom of each menu and if you clicked it, the menu would open on your
desktop.  I don't see any dashed line or any other way to get the menu to
"tear off".  I built KDE 3.1 from source using Konstruct.  Konstruct is an
amazing set of scripts, but did I miss something that this feature does not
seem to work.

Dan

Dan

KDE 3.1 tear off menus

Post by Tizian » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 11:24:35

I've the same problem (kde 3.1 rc5 compiled without konstruct).

1. MDK 9.1, update-menus and KDE 3.1

i have some script in my ~/menu-methods to generate menus for a
jurassic WM i happen to be in love with, but this is not the questions
i'm going to ask...

THE WHOLE STORY:

1. i installed MDK 9.1
2. i used KDE 3.1
3. i fancied using again that old WM of mine and, in preparation,
                          i ran update-menus
4. the Start Applications Menu (bottom left in the Panel) was replaced
   by another menu, sort of a "what do you want to do now?" thing

QUESTION1: what happened that replaced the menu?
QUESTION2: what can i do to avoid this "KDE menu switch" sadness when
           i will update-menus again?

tia,
                                                                  gb
--
termy prende per fatica, attento.                     -- PLS, in IFQ

2. System too big

3. KDE 3.1 Menu Edit/Filesystem as SU

4. How to install suse from hard disk ?

5. kde 3.1 not displaying 3.1 "theme"

6. Problem with dlopen() function.

7. KDE 3.1 RC1/RC2 comparison to KDE 3.0.4

8. How to read a file from drivers?

9. MENU progam for AIX 3.1 RS/6000

10. Menus with XFREE 3.1 and Microsoft Mouse

11. KDE default menu suggestion (and distribution menu...)

12. Xfree863.3.1 and No menus...

13. Tearing my hair out over RH6.0 and KDE 1.1.1