desktop icons subtitles

Post by Szymon Jan » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 02:29:29

hi
Is it possible to turn off  subtitles in desktop icons ?

--

[st]3.SHDW member ## ICQ 18055626 ## GG 1383435

desktop icons subtitles

Post by Big Bi » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 06:55:22

> hi
> Is it possible to turn off  subtitles in desktop icons ?

I would guess that it is impossible, as these "subtitles" are used as
filenames (in .kde). I.e. to have "no subtitles" would mean that KDE
has no way to tell what file to look into to figure out what the
individual icons are actually supposed to do...

desktop icons subtitles

Post by Daihar » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:35:51

>> Is it possible to turn off  subtitles in desktop icons ?

> I would guess that it is impossible, as these "subtitles" are used as
> filenames (in .kde). I.e. to have "no subtitles" would mean that KDE
> has no way to tell what file to look into to figure out what the
> individual icons are actually supposed to do...

What _is_ possible is change the font size and colour of the desktop icon
titles so they're almost invisible.  Right-click on the desktop, go to
"Configure Desktop" from the dropdown list, and under "Desktop," go to the
"Appearance" tab.  You can, for instance, change the font colour to black,
choose not to show the underline, and make the font size very small.  A
workaround at its best, but hope it helps you. :)

Dai

--
Daigoro F. Toyama
  RLU #281828

desktop icons subtitles

Post by Szymon Jan » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:11:31

Daihard napisa3:

Quote:> What _is_ possible is change the font size and colour of the desktop icon
> titles so they're almost invisible.  Right-click on the desktop, go to
> "Configure Desktop" from the dropdown list, and under "Desktop," go to the
> "Appearance" tab.  You can, for instance, change the font colour to black,
> choose not to show the underline, and make the font size very small.  A
> workaround at its best, but hope it helps you. :)

I've already tried this.  It is ok mostly, but some wallpapers have very
different color so that subtitles are visible (or not) in some part of
desktop.

Thx anyway :)

--

[st]3.SHDW member ## ICQ 18055626 ## GG 1383435